Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Christians, WHY don't you believe in Ganesha or Allah?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • JOHN
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I do, along with Mickey Mouse, Superman, Mighty Mouse. Zorro, the Great Pumpkin, Zoroaster, Kim Kardashian, George Burns, Molech, Zasu Pitts, Lawrence Welk, Beyonce, St, Stephen the Stupid and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir!

• ?
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Technically Allah is the same God Christians worship (the God of Moses, David ect.)

Now Ganesha.... Ganesha is the elephant headed "remover of obstacles" and patron of arts and sciences, that to the best of my knowledge has no documentation of origin or even a reason to worship them.

• 8 years ago

Since the names Allah and Elohim are cognate, I do believe in Allah. I just have a somewhat different understanding of him than the Muslims, and other Christians, do.

As to Ganesha, I've had no spiritual experiences with him, I can't judge him one way or another. Don't get me wrong: I'm no henotheist, but a good monolatrist. I just don't see the point in arguing about Ganesha. I'm content for people to believe in him as long as his worship does not lead them into sin.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Christians do believe in Allah.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I have not been able to sleep. When I close my eyes, my late uncle contacts me from the spirit realm. He was a traveling salesman and often fornicated with the farmers' daughters; on many occasions he fornicated with several of them simultaneously and involved farm animals in the debauchery. He died unrepentant many years ago of syphilis. He is now being tormenting and visits me in my dreams seeking relief from eternal anguish. I don't know what to tell him, but I feel tremendous anxiety and guilt as we were very close before he died.

• 8 years ago

Because Allah or Ganesha can't perform the greatest act of love.

My God became a human and laid down his life for us.

Performed many miracles to prove His claim of divinity, he hungered but he fed thousands, died and rose from the dead, and claimed that He alone is “the way the truth and the life"

• 8 years ago

Because I serve one God the God of love who sent His son down to this earth to die for our sins so you and me and everyone who believes in Him can have eternal life.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Ganesha and Allah have ever shown me that they are real.

• 8 years ago

Why would I choose to believe a lie?

• 8 years ago

Because they are twisted versions of the true God, the Father of Jesus Christ

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.