Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 7 years ago

Is masturbation haram? Muslims only please!?

Only muslims answer please!

Okay so I started masturbating when I was 10 however I never did it out of lust or while watching porn I simply did it because it felt nice. I just discovered it one day while lying in bed.I didn't have sexual thoughts or anything. However I recently found some people saying it is haram but is it haram even in my case when I'm not watching porn or doing it for sexual desires?

I've always been doing it at as a stress reliever, nothing else.

@₮αɱαяïṡ are you blind? I clearly stated that I don't watch porn. You masturbate so much you've gone blind.

I'll restate this since some people do not get the point.

I DO NOT WATCH PORN

I DO NOT HAVE SEXUAL AROUSALS OR DESIRES

I MASTURBATE FOR FUN AND STRESS RELIEF ONLY

IS IS STILL HARAM?

DONT RECCOMEND FASTING OR MARRIAGE BECAUSE SINCE I DON'T HAVE SEXUAL DESIRES I DON'T NEED WAYS TO CONTROL THEM I CAN STOP MASTURBATING ANYTIME.

Favorite Answer

Astagfurillah ....it is haram weather you do it without sexual desires .

Masturbation (for both men and women) is haraam (forbidden) in Islam based on the following evidence:

First from the Qur’aan:

Imam Shafi’i stated that masturbation is forbidden based on the following verses from the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning):

"And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts). Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, - for them, they are free from blame. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors." 23.5-7 Here the verses are clear in forbidding all illegal sexual acts (including masturbation) except for the wives or that their right hand possess. And whoever seeks beyond that is the transgressor.

"And let those who find not the financial means for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allah enriches them of His bounty." 24.33. This verse also clearly orders whoever does not have the financial means to marry to keep himself chaste and be patient in facing temptations (including masturbation) until Allah enriches them of His bounty.

Secondly, from the sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him):

Abdullaah ibn Mas’ood said, "We were with the Prophet while we were young and had no wealth whatsoever. So Allaah’s Messenger said, "O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power." Bukhari:5066. The hadeeth orders men who are not able to marry to fast despite the hardship encountered in doing so, and not to masturbate despite the ease with which it can be done.

There are additional evidences that can be cited to support this ruling on masturbation

Ramadan is A blessed month..YOU WILL seek forgiveness but after Ramada you will start again..so thats not the way!

Here's a dua to stop masturbation, which you should recite 3 times after fajr and maghrib, and after reciting ayatul kursi:

Bismillahi khairi il asmai'i

Bismilla illadhi la yadhurru

ma' ismihi shayyun fil'ardi

wa la fissamai'

wa huwassamiul aleem.

Also keep asking for forgiveness, and do ghusl.

May Allah bless you and lead you to heaven

You started of with ''Why masturbation is haram'' but everything you mentioned is in relation to Health, Science and Opinion. The whole point is that Masturbation is Haram, it is not permissible in Islam regardless of whether it is good Scientifically health wise etc. Second, Imam Shafi’i stated that masturbation is forbidden based on the following verses from the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning): 23.5-7 Here the verses are clear in forbidding all illegal sexual acts (including masturbation) except for the wives or that their right hand possess. And whoever seeks beyond that is the transgressor I think that a Islamic Scholar knows better than you, there is additional supporting evidence from the Qu'ran and Hadith that Masturbating is not allowed in Islam.

Please stop doing it. As soon as you do it, you instantly feel guilty, but just imagine doing it so many times that you lose count; you'd have a life long amount of guilt with you which will lead to extreme shame and major depression, and the feeling will be unbearable. If you do it once, then that's all it takes to make you become addicted. You will eventually feel SO disgusted in yourself and you will want to hide forever.

Salam Yes man made masturbation is haram in Islam,but natural wet dream in your sleeping is halal You must get rid off all porn materials at home including in your computer. Watching porn video is not allowed or haram too because it will end to masturbation.although you do not touch your penis if the semen flows out from it. You must stop your bad habit immediately You must ask for Allah's forgiveness.Stress relief will come automatically and naturally through wet dream as halal way given by Allah.

Stress reliever? Lol

When I am stressed I go for a walk. Or bike ride. Or gym.

When you masturbate your mind is filled with lustful visions and thoughts. If you don't admit this you are in denial. No man or woman masturbates while thinking of a bowl of fruit do they?

So yes, this is haram.

Accept it. Now use your hand for something more productive!

1. The fiqh regarding masturbation may be found below.

2. The very meaning of Islam is submission: we submit our bodies, hearts, minds, and souls to Allah Most High, out of thankfulness for the blessing and life-giving light of His religion.

Allah tests our slavehood. Many people have 'natural' tendencies and urges towards that which Allah has declared unlawful. This is our test with Allah Most High.

Allah Most High said in the Qur'an,

"And the soul and He who perfected it

And inspired it (with conscience of) what is wrong and right for it.

He is indeed successful who purifies it,

And he is indeed a failure who stunts it." [Qur'an, 91:9-10]

The Ruling on Masturbation: Prohibitively Disliked & Sinful

Masturbation is sinful, being prohibitively disliked, because of its many personal and societal ill-effects that are known and recognised in sane traditional societies and by balanced people the world over.

As for modern 'expert' opinions that there is 'nothing wrong with it,' these are the opinions of the same people who see nothing wrong with fornication, nudity, and most other personal and social depravity.

The early Muslims used to say, "The one who weds his hand is accursed." (Fath al-Qadir)

Its prohibition was established by Allah Most High's words, "Those who guard their private parts, except from their spouses..." [Qur'an, 23: 5]

Thus, the general ruling regarding sexual activity is that it is impermissible, except through the particular channel that Allah permitted, out of His tremendous wisdom and mercy for His creation.

No it is not. There is no hadith or Quran verse that clearly says masturbation is haram. It is makrooh[disliked].

Rasul allah says 'whoever intentionally produce zuriyat by selfishness , without intercourse with his wife, the it is illegal'

get involved yourself in a physical activity might helps you in controlling your stress..stress has a link between your body mind and your physical health. when your minds distracted by sexual things,you better don't stay alone..

Source(s): I understand you, the best solution for you is fast. if you really cant control yourself, then you better get married
  • Ruling on masturbation and how to cure the problem --->> http://islamqa.info/en/ref/329/masturbation

That is a sin....so is watching porn. You are committing zina of the eyes by watching porn.