I keep getting “Destination Folder Access Denied”?

I have been trying to delete some folders of photos I have taken and I keep getting “I need permission to perform this action’. It also happens when I try to move photos. I am the only user of this computer and have had it a couple years with none of this happening. I don’t really know to much about computers so I might of pushed the wrong button or did something I shouldn’t of but now I don’t really know how to fix it. I have tried finding a solution on line but they might as well be speaking French.

Any help would be welcome, please be gentle.

GRG

Favorite Answer

Whe really do need the OS as This is not a dedicated Ms site. We do Linux and Ubantu and Mac Osx here to because were geniuses.

OK, its a user access rights issue. 1. Right click on the folder concerned and go to properties at the end.

2. Select the security tab at the top.

3. Click the advanced tab underneath the window that says "allow" "deny"

4. at the top there is something called "owner" or take ownership click on that.

5 a window appears now in here you have to put the pc name followed by backslash and user name

eg user pc\ name user.

click ok and close all windows and click ok

Fortuantely there is a much easier way and that is a registry hack that adds the take ownership of folders to the right click context menu - here it is

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-t...

definite. i like to be soaking wet in rain. it would be extra romantic no rely if that's at domicile. on the d precise of my roof under the moon mild with somebody like Salman Khan kissing and cudding me. I wish i'm getting from the two inner and outdoors