Growth stunt due to nutrition?

Well this is a very confusing topic for me.

I am in my late 17s (male).

I come from a lineage of average and above average family ( no short males).

And I have noticed that I haven't gained height (or noticeably at least) during the last 3 years.

In the last 3 years I had really bad nutrition, I barely ate, and If I did it would be mostly rice and just like half a chicken breast.

All my uncles and cousins are way taller than me, when I was in 7th grade I was the tallest ( I had fairly good nutrition) 5 meals per day and vegetables and fruits etc...

I am currently around 167cms my father is around 168-9cms.

Is my short stature due to really bad nutrition? And is there a chance that my growth will resume?

Read more: Nutrition Forum - Can lack of nutrition stunt growth? http://ehealthforum.com/health/can-lack-of-nutriti...

Follow us: @ehealthforums on Twitter

• Shiggy
    Favorite Answer

I doubt it's the nutrition.

Just my assumption, but this was probably due to your genetics from your ancestors. Although your family, or relatives may be tall this does not conclude that anyone in your ancestors in the past was short. Meaning if one of your ancestor was genetically short that means your family's gene will include the "shortened height" trait.

Source(s): Not a Biologist so I can't explain very well.
  • Height comes from genetics...