Cons, what percentage of Americans that purchase a gun legally turn to crime or snap in a rage?

......at the time of purchase?

Conservatives argument ask to why we do not need extended background checks is because they assume that criminals do not submit to them. But what percentage of those Americans that purchased guns legally with no intention to commit a crime at the time of purchase, snapped in a rage and turned to crime? You are assuming that all Americans that submit to background checks never turn to crime or all of the sudden snap with violence.

Today's laws do not require background checks on private sales.

Best Answer

.0000000001%

Source(s): Texas!

and then what good is a background check then, the crime is already done !

The only " benefit" is a press release saying " This person bought a gun 2 years ago"

ok..great... now what

Your concept only works if we can time-travel into the future and deny people guns based on what they WILL do.

Source(s): I bought a 9mm last year (used) from a guy. He asked to see my permit and I showed him.
  • Di

You are assuming many states do not already require prospective gun owners to submit to extensive background checks including any history of mental health.

Your assertion is therefore incorrect.

Your question takes twists and turns that really aren't related to the base of the question.

I would say however, that conservatives are more likely to be members of the NRA - and they would no doubt have an instant reply to your question - a rant about the 2nd Amendment.

I'll not dwell on that.

• less than 1 percent. You have a better chance of being hit by a car driven by a loony Obama loving anti American Liberal than shot by a Conservative Patriotic Law abiding citizen.

...wait a minute...

weren't you one of the kids who said that "cons" should drop the "witch hunts" so you could go back to talking about "jobs & the economy?"

Tell me how many gunowners go on shooting rampages?

there are 300,000,000 guns in America...tell me how many of htem were used in shooting massacres?

since this all started with sandy hook..tell me, i'm wiating...

• John A

and extended background checks will stop that? Please try again