Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I'm sorry I meant do I lock the lid when I put the batter in or do I just shut it?

I'm really not sure if I should put the waffle batter in and then close the lid and lock it or just close the lid and not? Sorry for being so stupid but I've never done this before. Thanks

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Do not lock the lid when you're baking waffles. The lock is to keep it fully closed when storing or moving the waffle maker. You don't want to lock it when actually baking the waffles because then the top waffle iron can't move up when the waffle's steam is making it grow and baking.

Your waffle maker might even be the type that allows you to store it on end. Definitely use the lock if storing it that way!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I assume you are talking about a waffle maker, a fact you seem to have omitted to tell us.

No there is no need to lock it, that is just to hold it together when you put it away

H-ma

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.