Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationOther - Outdoor Recreation · 7 years ago

Is this skateboard right for me?

I'm a beginner to skateboarding. I know my physical attributes don't count much, but I'll add some information on that too: 5"47", around 130 lbs, shoe size 10 (male us).

What do you think? Will this kind of set-up work for me if I mainly want to do tricks and occasionally go on verts?

I was thinking of getting a...

Deck around 8"

Length around 30",

Truck axle: 7.75" or 8" either mid or low

Diameter: around 54"

Durometer: around 99a

Bearing: ABEC 7 or ABEC 5

Thank you so much for your help!!

Favorite Answer

Try to match your truck width with the width of your deck so if you're getting an 8" deck get the 8" axle trucks. For bearings you can't go wrong with Bones Reds because they are real nice and inexpensive for the quality you get. For your deck you should check out http://bestskatedeck.com there's a cool deck finder chart where you can sort it by what you're looking for in the deck like size, weight, pop, price, etc. Get out there and go skate!

sounds good.