Kyle
Kyle asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Do you want to support the Syrian Rebels?

Even knowing that they executed a 14 year old boy for insulting Islam?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/...

Favorite Answer

No, I want the damn Arabs in the region to use some of THEIR money arming them. They have plenty of it!

To be fair if all those reporters and politicians and anyone else who supports the Syrian rebels should go over to Syria like those who supported Spain during its civil war and fight with them. as far as the US government it should simply ask one question at the United Nations...

Where is all the sympathy and the heroes of the Muslim countries and are they going to help free the Syrian people from their autocratic leader ?

The predictable White Knight Brigade, who have faith (or pretend to) that united statesa. is a mild to the international and an invincible tension for sturdy around the international, and - greater importantly - the warfare marketplace (additionally observed as 'the militia-commercial complicated') which now dominates American financial and political life.

• Josh

Nope. I'm all for letting that region bleed because while they are killing each other they are not joining groups to cause problems for us.

Plus, who would we support? The rebels on the ground are just as bad or worse than the government they want to replace. Sure, they are a bit of a different stripe, but in the long term its six of one half a dozen of another.

I'm for leaving the situation as is.

No. I think that we should stay out of Syria to avoid conflict with the Russians and the Chinese. The rebels have been just as brutal as Asads regime.

So because a bunch of fanatics, whose group can't even be identified with certainty, killed the boy we are supposed to turn out backs on what is happening there? There are many rebel groups in Syria, and many more rogue fanatics. Decisions on whether or not to act should not be based on an incident like this.

I see only an acid future in any of that part of the world. It's beyond hope from humanity.

• Edward

We are more than broke let get involved when a country like Switzerland does.

I support giving them weapons if they are losing,or giving the Syrian government weapons if they are losing : P.

I didn't want to do it either way. We can not afford another foreign engagement.