Sword Art Online Vs Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood?

My friend and I are debating on which anime is better. She says that SAO is better than FMA. But I disagree. What is your opinion?

• l
    Favorite Answer

Sword Art Online doesn't even have average writing. It has terrible writing.

FMA Brotherhood, on the other hand, is one of the better super mainstream shounen manga in terms of writing. It's definitely not perfect and I actually have a lot of issues with it that I think people really overlook, but it is miles better than Sword Art Online. I can't even sugarcoat it, SAO actually has some of the worst writing I've ever seen.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is definitely the better anime. Sword Art Online isn't a bad anime, but is pretty standard. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, is one of the best anime made. It is rated as #1 on Myanimelist, while sword art online is at #180. Sword Art Online has lots of flaws, even though it is still good. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, has way less flaws and executes what it is supposed to be perfectly.

Comparing SAO to FMA or FMA: Botherhood is like comparing Twilight to Harry Potter.

• Steven

Cat Burglar Nami is extremely harsh on anime. He/She is just like me, but to say that Sword Art has bad write is an overstatement. There are some good parts, but Full Metal Brotherhood takes the cake here. It is the better anime with better fights and characters with a huge deep hidden meaning at the end

I mainly watched FMA:B for story and characters; I mainly watched SAO for wish fufillment.

FMA is superior, in my opinion. To be honest though, it still depends on the person. No matter how "good" the writing or characterization is, if someone is unable to enjoy that series, then the series has failed its purpose for that particular audience member, no matter how good everyone else thinks it is.

Are you kidding me did you not see The "Fairy World" part of sword art online i mean common is SAO that good.

theres like 4 GOOD fight scenes in the 24 episode anime and all of them being about 2-4 minutes long

But WRATH ALONE HAS MORE FIGHT SCENES BETTER THAN THE BEST SCENES IN SAO

plus did you totally miss that Kirito was like getting ALL The chicks by doing absolutely jack ****. I mean hell he even got his cousin trying to get with him but the EDxWinry relationship was well developed compared to other shounens (Naruto and his girls, Ichigo and Rukia, Luffy and.... Zoro????) and please don't say that Kirito and Asuna's relationship was well developed. She fell asleep by him one day and all of a sudden she was head over heels for him eventually having videogame sex (16.5 -___-)

FMA:brotherhood for the win by knockout and pissing on its opponent :D

I will admit SAO was addicting to watch, but there is no competition, FMA is definitely better.

• Mandy

For me, definitely FMA: Brotherhood, by a mile. No contest whatsoever.

Dude...FMA:Brotherhood butcheres SAO in terms of everything....its definitely the better one no contest...

• FMA has 3 (well more) things that SAO don't have.

1. A good story

2. More episodes

3. And one of the best anime's in history