Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 7 years ago

Do The STP Super Concentrated Fuel Injector Cleaners Actually Work?

We just purchased a 2012 Hyundai Sonata GLS with 40,000 kms on it and it feels like it is running a bit rough. I am considering trying the STP® Super Concentrated Fuel Injector Cleaner to see if it will help alleviate the problem.

Has anyone tried this product? If so, how well did it work for you?

• g-man
    Favorite Answer

The car is still under factory warranty isn't it? (60k). As far as using the STP additive it can't hurt anything but with only 40k it seems odd that you'd be having issues with it. For years I've added a different brand of additive (Chemtool) to a full tank every oil change with apparently good success as I've not had any fuel related problems in any vehicle I've owned. Mine have over 100k, that's why I mentioned that 40k seems a bit too soon for fuel issues. Sometimes, especially in the winter months and depending where you live, condensation can build up in the tank. That will cause some symptoms similar to what you describe but can usually be cured with the use of an additive intended for that purpose.

• Tony

with a 2012 you should not have to add anything

maybe try a better gas