Sword Art Online? OR Attack On Titan?

What Anime do you think is better overall Sword Art Online? OR Attack On Titan? stat your reasons here are mine.

Sword Art Online - The MMO concept and plot is so good most people can relate to this from playing MMO such as maplestory/runescape/wow/ which is why i love it so much,also kirito is a badass and asuna is so cool and likeable.

Attack On Titan - The human survival against Giants is also a good concept but it does not have depth so yeah, the characters are OK but do not have much development i really like this anime but it gets to dark and gory even for me.

Winner for me is Sword Art Online because i can relate to it so much from playing MMO's like Runescape/Maplestory and so on.

[Update]

I forgot to add that SAO goes downhill/offtrack on Alfheim arc and sucks (i hate them elf ears and the potential for death taken out i can go on more) BUT sword art online arc was so good i can ignore that and the potential next season got me excited to make up for Alfheim arc.

For attack on titan i've read the manga up to the latest chapter i forgot to add and yes i still think its lacking on plenty of stuff sorry to say (E.G character development )But its still a great anime/manga and only second to SAO to me.

i like all your reasons no one is wrong or right all down to what you enjoy most peace everyone =P

Best Answer

No offense, but you're completely ignoring the flaws of SAO. Not trying to come across offensive, so please don't be offended. Just offering my raw analysis. (Note: I DID enjoy SAO, but when doing something like this, you have to put personal enjoyment aside and look at the procs and cons like a critic.)

"Sword Art Online - The MMO concept and plot is so good"

The word you're looking for is "premise", not plot. The plot is downright BAD. It goes filler from episode 3, and just does random crap most of the time. (Not to mention the awful second half.) Secondly, there's the romance. It was FORCED. Extremely so. It was like a Romeo and Juliet version of anime.

Proper romance = Clannad. Bad romance = Romeo and Juliet.

"also kirito is a badass" Kirito is a badass... why? Because he wears black clothes and is stupidly overpowered? He get's near ZERO development. After 24 episode of him, he didn't change, whatsoever.

"and asuna is so cool and likeable." She's a generic tsundere. She had AMAZING potential, but she really just is a generic tsundere. (And then she became a completely useless princess Peach.)

"Attack On Titan - The human survival against Giants is also a good concept but it does not have depth so yeah," It is 11 episodes in... There's 13 left to go.

"the characters are OK but do not have much development" They have much more development than SAO. XD

Sorry, but I really find that funny. Armin has gotten more development so far (and, as I said, there's 11 episodes to go) than any SAO character. Also, I can't think of a single character that isn't more original than those in SAO. Mikasa is easily better than Asuna, with a great backstory.

Eren is basically Kirito, just a lot cooler. (Even though I'll admit that he sorta reminds me of Naruto.)

Then there's awesome Potato Girl and the rest of the bunch. They are PROPER supporting characters, unlike the harem girls from SAO.

"i really like this anime but it gets to dark and gory even for me."

All right, I can understand dark, but "gory"? The anime is pretty censored. Just pointing it out.

"Winner for me is Sword Art Online because i can relate to it so much from playing MMO's like Runescape/Maplestory and so on."

That's fair enough, but I would like to add that, another reason you like it (And this is pure speculation on my part.) is because Kirito is a complete wish fulfillment characters - He is stupidly overpowered, he is in a world where he can completely ignore real life, and he attracts girls like some sort of vagina-magnet for no apparent reason.

Anyway, this is my reply. I hope you found it constructive. If you want, I would love to discuss the topic with you further through email. (You can find mine on my profile.)

Have a nice day.

• 5 years agoReport

I want to like this a million times, seriously.

Attack on Titan is better

Sword Art Online turned into a ******* harem. Asuna, some girl who was just as strong as Kirito, hide behind him because someone, she could easily beat, chased her. She became a damsel in distress. Kirito was necessarily overpowered. There was so much bs in the series.

• Lu6 years agoReport

Kirito is not powerful it just in the game. He not strong in the real world

Attack On Titan is only a few episodes in and I can tell you that it's a way better written series. Perfect? No. Awesome? Yes. It's definitely over-hyped though. Right now I just see a ton of potential in this series. It has an awesome set up, my biggest issue with it is the characters. While I do care about their goals, they aren't really very interesting or original. Then again, it's pretty early on in the series so that can definitely change. I honestly don't know how anyone over the age of 16 can even be entertained by SAO. That show was was poorly written vapid garbage. I'm sorry, I know a lot of people disagree, but that show just sucks. Everything about it besides the animation is a train-wreck from start to finish. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's one of the top 3 worst shows I've ever seen in my entire life.

Titan Sword

I have to say Sword Art online because of the story development and at least the characters can put up a fight. The really only thing I disliked about AOT is that the main characters could not even kill a titan even when they were right in front of them and their weakspot was open. The only main characters that killed titans were Mikasa and Annie (Excluding Eren because he only killed titans in his titan form). Two girls were the only ones killing titans in the beginning. Then the story gotten better after that like when Levi was introduced. And they did not actually have a good ending. I personally liked the second arc. Sure they could of made it a little more life or deathy but I liked it. That second half was Kirito and Asuna's fight for love.

Source(s): I luv Anime. Watched Series.

My opinion is Attack on titan. If your wondering why i pick AOT is because of the graphic. It is more brighter then SAO. The graphic in SAO is just to bright, and so is the character. Some people say in SAO the strongest is Kirito, well there wrong Kirito is not strong, only in the game not the real world. On the other hand AOT is better because of the opening, blood, character, and how it shaded in. Some character in AOT is a bad *** like Levi. Levi is stronger then Kirito because he did had training, and AOT is not in a game. A lazy guy like Kirito can't beat Levi. The author of AOT Hajime Issayama is really

creative by making the 3dmg, the wall, and the titan naked. The author of SAO Reki Kawahara is creative to by making his anime into a game. Also i think SAO season 2 GGO is yaoi, because the made Kirito to a girl. It like they copy Sora no Otoshimono when Tomoki became a girl, Kirito look just like Tomoki ( girl form ) in GGO. If you watch AOT there will be more tears then SAO.

Source(s): Attack on Titan for life.

Attack on Titan. Sword Art Online has never been my utmost favourite.

Attack on titan defiantly sword art online is good and everything but attack on titan has an alot better story and roll!!!

Lol sword art online has character development and attack on titan doesn't? Wow. The amount Armin had in episode 10 is more than all the characters had in the entirety of sword art online.

Attack on titan is FAR better than sword art online. Aot- 9.5/10. Sao-7.5 (pretty good but a lot of flaws). But wow they are your two fave animes? Watch one piece, hxh 2011, fmab, gintama.

I feel people are becoming over critical as aot has not yet finished a full season, unlike sao. I feel people are comparing a complete anime to a anime that has just begun and consists of lots of potential. In my opinion at the moment these two animes do not fall into to the same category until attack on titan has full completed it anime/manga.

I'm just gonna also say my answer but no offense. actually yes the firs seasons of SAO was actually amazing and I don't have any comment on it, but the only thing that made me not watch it till the end is that they did not have any self control. they were so young to be on a relationship and the story was a little bit boring in the end because it was just repeated. My answer is that Attack on titan is more powerful than SAO because that anime is trying to copy the true characteristics of a real person. they don't have chuper cute faces, but on attack on titan, their characters are not so cuties or beauties because they are open to reality.

Attack on titan is an anime that is based on how this world works. I mean not to say that titans do really exist but its just so true,how it clearly explain how this world works. soooooo ATTACK ON TITAN is still the best anime for me.

no hard feelings but I respect all of your reasons, its just a very amazing anime with its unique and amazing plot of the story.

GO ATTACK ON TITAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!