Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPC · 8 years ago

Steam Borderlands 2 Question?

If I put steam on a new computer will all my borderlands 2 characters be saved in the steam cloud cause I don't want to restart 170 hours worth of my characters.

Favorite Answer

If the save files are actually saved to the Steam Cload then you should be good. But most save files are saved to the local disk, which you can copy them over to your new computer using a thumb drive or any external memory storage device... Hell you can even disconnect your old internal HDD from your old computer and plug it into your new computer, and pull the files that way.

They should be located in your C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\Willowgame\SaveData

Copy the SaveData folder and everything in it. After installing the game on your new computer, run the game (this will create all the local disk folders), exit the game or alt tab out, and transfer the data the the above path.