What do u call a person that?

Studies the field of space,galaxies,multiverse and Big bang etc..

Who are the top 3 in this field in present according to u whose theories are better or so to speak ??

Best Answer

Is there a problem with pronouns in Canada? Here in the Internet forum world we type 'you' and not 'u', just so you know--that's just being polite. It's harder for us old folk to read text mail abbreviations, which is one reason the community has standards like writing legibly. I guess 'u' isn't egregious, though, and it may one day become standard usage. When that day comes, I'll start using it too, if I'm still alive then.

.

I think the terms you're looking for are astronomer and particularly cosmologist. I don't know how valid a 'top of the field' suggestions are going to be here. Most people, including myself, will think of the most popular ones as examples, though they wouldn't necessarily be the best. There's Stephen Hawking (though I don't always buy what he's selling), Carl Sagan (though he's gone now), Michio Kaku (though I think he's full of kaka sometimes), Neil deGrasse Tyson, Richard Feynman (brilliant but gone, he was more of a quantum physicist, though) etc. The laymen who watch documentaries and read popular library books will be familiar with all these, but cosmologists themselves would very likely present a list of scientists we probably haven't heard of.

.

• Paul

There are lots of fields.

Observation of space including galaxies, black holes, planets, etc are done by astronomers.

Working out the physics of how these things behave is done by astrophysicists.

People who try to understand how all of the universe fits together and deal with things like big bang theory, multiverse theory and stuff are called cosmologists.