Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPlayStation · 7 years ago

Can you play owned ps3 games on a ps4?

I have a ps3 and am interested in buying a ps4. Im looking forward to the next gen however 400 dollars is a bit too much money just to toss around on video games. If I sell my ps3 to make back some of the money, is it possible to play my old ps3 games on a ps4?

• Jenova
    Best Answer

no. Sony has said themselves that the PS4 will NOT be backwards compatible with PS1, PS2, or PS3 game discs. any and all previous system games will only be available for play on the PS4 through their streaming service. so any PS3 games you currently own on disc will become useless.

We can't be 100% sure yet because the PS4 hasn't come out yet, but I hope that the PS4 allows PS3 games to be played!

But its possible that the PS4 doesn't support PS3 games because the PS3 cannot play PS2, so for that reason I wouldn't be surprised if the PS4 is incompatible with PS3 games!

Maybe you should wait until the PS4 is released, that way you can research on Google or Youtube!

Hope I helped a little...

as of now, you couldn't.if you wanna sell it, put your games along.they are going to be waste because ps4 don't have backward compatibility.