Curly hair bleaching question?!?

Ok so I'm biracial I have cupid curls which means my hair is already naturally very dry. I had anemia in the past and lost a lot of hair while in the meantime I dyed it and bleached it and straightened it a lot and so its pretty damaged. My curls still look pretty good, but their not the same as they were before and its a lot thinner. My hair is back to its natural colour ( dark brown) now but I want to change it up. I want to cut off about 5 inches, making it about an inch above my shoulder but I want to dye it a caramel blonde-brown, NOW HERES MY QUESTION, if I get it bleached and dyed and then cut off 5 inches because I want my hair to grow back healthy, will my hair still have any damage from bleaching it to the caramel brown/blonde? Even though I'm cutting off so much? Heres a link of the colour I want

http://pinterest.com/pin/112238215686124513/

Keep in mind my natural hair is dark brown

THANKYOU

Favorite Answer

What you do (cut, style) to hair that's already dead - Wikipedia, has NOTHING to do with growing.

HEAT & CHEMICALS are hair's worst enemies.

Style meets chemistry meets biology: We're talking hair coloring.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

> > > Hair dye chemicals linked to cancer

London, Feb 20, 2013 I've been saying that since 2009.

Hair dyes, which include home hair colouring kits and those used at pricey salons, are linked to deadly cancer-causing chemicals, warn scientists. In 2009 the Mail revealed that women who used hair dyes more than nine times a year had a 60% greater risk of contracting blood cancer.

A year later the European Commission banned 36 hair dyes which put long-term users at risk of bladder cancer. < < < <

Google: Teen 'feared she would die' after reaction to hair dye

The allergic reaction was caused by a well-known brand of semi-permanent hair dye Chloe used to turn her hair black for a Hallowe’en party. . . . . called for beauty bosses to ban hair dye chemical PPD (para-phenylenediamine) from the shelves. 11-04-11

The chemical is not new and is present in a number of brands of dark hair colours, acting to help adhere the dye to the hair so that it doesn't wash out. It’s made from coal tar and is used in both permanent and semi-permanent hair colours. It’s well-known to be a cause of serious allergic reactions -- including something called contact dermatitis which can lead to rashes, blisters, and open sores.

PPD is sometimes added to black henna tattoos and that using them is not safe. Allergic reactions usually begin within two to 10 days following application. One bad reaction can lead to sensitivities to other products such as hair dye, sunblock and some types of clothing dyes. Oftentimes, it's using the product a second or third time. Skin specialist Najjia Ashraf reveals that there are barely any dyes that don’t contain this toxin; even the ones who claim they don’t, are not being honest. “Big brands often escape the blame by suggesting they are ammonia-free. However, ammonia and PPD are two very different things and PPD is present in nearly every dye because it is what gives off the colour,” she explains.

Google: A 38-year old mother left in a coma after using hair dye. SHE DYED HER HAIR MANY TIMES BEFORE, USING THE SAME BRAND. The British woman who went into coma after a reaction to hair dye has died after a year. Updated 11-25-12. The woman suffered a heart failure, struggled for breath and became unconsciousness. Her family blamed paraphenylenediamine, a chemical found in hair colour. Her family has now called for paraphenylenediamine to be banned from home dye kits. In 2000, a 38-year-old Indian-origin woman from Birmingham, Narinder Devi, died after an allergic reaction to hair dye.

Permanent black hair dye is linked to causing leukemia and lymphomas.

Google search: Salon hair dye horror stories. About 305,000 results (0.20 seconds) OR Google Salon Hair Dye Lawsuits. About 336,000 results (0.17 seconds) Dec. 2011

When it comes to hair care treatments, product use or visits to a salon or spa, the consumer must take responsibility to do their homework and be aware of all the risks involved.

Google: January Jones: "My Hair Is Falling Out In Clumps" 1-28-13 To quote Joni Mitchell, "you don't know what you got till your thick hair is gone.

Source(s): Google FDA.gov & search for Hair Dye & Relaxers. Google: Hair Dye FAQ's Are Hair Dyes Safe? I stand up for cancer. No allergies here, OR hair falls when I was dyeing my hair, but I had frequent migraines, the 1st one lasted 14 hours. My mom & sister also have breasts cancer, and I'm trying to be chemical-free as much as I can and watch what I put in my body. Mom started perming our hair in the 60's. Mom had bloody noses for 75 years, and doctors didn't know why, but she was diagnosed by age 89. Sister had double mastectomy by age 35, but she's been cancer free since the early 90's

You cannot fix it unless you cut it. That's all there may be to it. Once it can be damaged to the factor that the feel of the hair is converted you need to chop it, i do know this individually. Additionally, that broken hair you particularly do not want to reduce right now? I wager you'd relatively hate for those who had to get it as quick as a buzz cut, which is the place you're headed if you don't as a minimum take off a couple inches. The injury will eventually begin visiting up the shaft of your hair and cause damage to the healthy parts, which means that extra hair to reduce off later. I wasted mainly almost a thousand dollars looking to restore my hair and get my normal blonde waves/curls back and not a rattling thing worked except I reduce my hair from shoulder length to close to a pixie cut. No comic story, while I was cutting it, the newly brief portions began curling up as my hair dried. Nothing can repair hair as soon as it can be been broken, break up, or fried. No longer even a authentic. Only slicing off the harm will get rid it. I know it's horribly irritating, and not what you wish to have to listen to, but that is how it's. I am no longer announcing shave it all correct now, but might be even making an attempt an inch and half off to look if it puts some wave back in there would make a difference at this factor. Truth is, you can't depart it like that or it'll get worse. I'm not almost always this blunt, however you need to hear it straight out instead of getting fed crap about products that will not do some thing as opposed to masks the situation of your hair for a little at the same time.

I prefer brunette over dirty blonde hair and it doesn't matter to me if the hair is curly or perhaps not

Brown would really suite you in my opinion. It looks really pretty and also it has a style that's truly noticeable. You'd look good with this.