Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOther - Sports · 7 years ago

Difference between a penny board and banana board?

I am thinking of buying a penny board or banana board but I dont really see the difference. I am new to this so I dont know much. I have never skateboarded before. But I am decent at snowboarding. Thanks very much :) Please put as much detail in your answer and maybe could you recommend on what to change when I get it? Like the bearings or w/e do I adjust those to have more flexibility? I am a beginner btw :) Thanks, Mike

Best Answer

I'm no expert but I reckon banana board is like a generic term that refers to plastic cruisers. Penny is a brand of banana board.

Penny's are generally flexible, and the stock wheels and bearings that come with it are more than good enough. Some people change their bearings to Bones Reds but the stock bearings are already ABEC 7's so they're already more than good enough.

I changed my wheels because roads here are rougher than the usual. The stock wheels are 59mm 78A and the ones I got now are Arbor 65mm 78A wheels. If our roads were okay I wouldn't change anything on my Penny.

Banana Boards

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I am thinking of buying a penny board or banana board but I dont really see the difference. I am new to this so I dont know much. I have never skateboarded before. But I am decent at snowboarding. Thanks very much :) Please put as much detail in your answer and maybe could you recommend on what to...

Source(s): difference penny board banana board: https://biturl.im/JXvcV

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axXY4

Alright tell me what you will pay for one of these. Globe Bantam: $100 - $125 depending on were you get it from - 24 x 7 deck - ABEC 7 Bearings and what's cool the caps are clear. - slant trucks 4.75 - 62mm 83a wheels -1/8 riser pads They ride very good, good stability, good grip, I own one and it has been ran over by a truck like 6 times. Penny board: $85 - $100 depends were you get it. 22x6 deck ABEC 7 Bearings Penny trucks excellent for carving. 59mm 78a wheels No riser pad Penny's are the most customizable plastic board I've ever seen you goo to their website you can customize the deck wheels hardware trucks, and put a different color panel. Go on youtube they get ran over by cars. They are really good for cruising. Stereo Vinyl: $60 - $80 depends were you get it from. 22x6 deck ABEC 7 Bearings Stereo trucks 59mm 78a wheels No riser pads My friend has one and it rides like a penny but like in the middle there's a hump and it feels a weird but you'll get used to it. YouTube they get ran over by cars. It rides like a penny but a different feel. Gold Cup Banana Board: $85 - $95 depends on were you get it from. 23.5x6 deck ABEC 7 Bearings Slant city trucks Stok'em 59mm 78a wheels No riser pad I've personal never rode one of these, I want to get one though. The only difference their is is that it has a 1inch nose better grip and its thicker than penny and stereo. Ok, if you want something cheap the stereo it best. But if I were you either the globe or banana board would be best. One day ill be getting my hands on a banana board they amazing. But penny, stereo, and banana can fit in a bag better than the globe can. If you want a very durable board globe bantam. A small thinner lighter board stereo or Penny they are really flexible. Want a board overall gold cup banana.