Will this get me drunk?

17 year old guy who is a lightweight. Drinking 1.25 liters of scrumpy cider (8%) in an hour. I weigh 65kg, height 5'9".

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes but not too drunk. You'll probably have a good buzz.

Edit/Add: 1.25 liters equals to about ~42 ounces which is about 3.5 beers (12 ounces each) and 8% is a lot of alcohol for a beer but not that much. Your normal beer has about 5-6% of alcohol. So drinking 1.25 if Scrumpy Cider is like having 4-5 beers. This isn't a lot but since your only 65kg and 17years old 4-5 beers will make you kind of drunk.

• Adam
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

I don't know your capacity for alcohol, but 1250ml is close to, or a bit less than 4 normal cans of beer, depending on where you live. That could get you 'tipsy', but you really need to remember that scrumpy is sixty percent stronger than beer, NOT 3% stronger!

Calculation: base is beer at 5%. Scrumpy has 3% MORE alcohol by volume. Take the difference, 3, and divide it by the base, 5 = 0.6. To find the difference in alcohol content by percentage, multiply the decimal by 100 = 60% greater strength.

The answer, of course, is a question: Can you drink 6 or more cans of beer in one hour and stay sober? Best wishes and look after yourself. Cheers!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Yes.

Not that drunk though, you'd probably be borderline tipsy/drunk. I.e. you'll have a warm spreading sensation, dizziness and blurred vision when you turn your head. These feelings will be stronger/weaker depending on your alcohol tolerance. (Not the warmth)

• 8 years ago

if ur not sure, drink more.

this is the key to a life of drinking.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

This will bomb ya. 94 proof gin, slammed in 15 seconds!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlLmowh6RGE

Youtube thumbnail

Balls!

Source(s): SHOENICE
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.