In need of a medical drama expert!?

I'm searching for a scene in a medical drama (any! Grey's Anatomy, Nurse Jackie, Scrubs, General Hospital......anything! even movies!) that shows a very anxious parent wanting to know the diagnosis of their child and the doctor/nurse is reluctant to tell. If the parent went berserk that's perfect.

If anyone can remember a scene / episode from anywhere, I REALLY appreciate it!!

Best Answer

Just some suggestions:

Grey's Anatomy 6x08 - Arizona has a patient (Wallace, 10 years) who has been in the hospital a lot. Multiple surgeries and nothing helps. Somewhere in the episode Arizona tries to convince Wallace's parents that Wallace won't survive another surgery, but the dad becomes pretty upset and doesn't wanna hear it.

Grey's Anatomy 5x13 - There's this little kid called Jackson who needs a liver transplant, but he is running out of time. I think his heart crashes after a while and his mother is there the whole time. I don't know if there is something about a diagnosis, but I do remember that his mom becomes very upset.

Grey's Anatomy 5x20 - Another little kid, i don't remember the disease, but there's this dad and he has done a LOT of research about treatment. Arizona has to tell him that the best thing for the kid is to let him go and as you can imagine the dad doesn't respond too well to that.

Grey's Anatomy 9x19 - I haven't seen this episode yet, but from what I read ( Meredith and Jo help a frantic mother (Sarah Chalke) whose child is suffering from a mysterious illness ) there's a pretty good chance at a diagnosis scene.

I hope that you can use some of these scenes. I'm sure there are a lot more, but right now I'm a bit out of inspiration. ;)