Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 7 years ago

I love to join Wushu (martial arts) classes, but I'm ashamed, cuz I have webbed toes! (what do I do ? )?

I love wushu. But I have webbed toes. I was this way since I was born. My second & third toes of each foot are kinda webbed together. (If you want to know what it is, google the pictures with google image).

When I was 10, I went to taekwando (another martial art) class. & two other kids found out & made fun of me ! So I stopped going to taekwando class forever !

I'm 19 now & love wushu. It's summer & I'm going to spend the whole summer at my grandparents' house.

There is a wushu class near their house. Today I went to see if they wear shoes or not.

I realized I love wushu even more !!! But like my guess, they play it with without socks or shoes. (They don't let u wear any of them)

I'm disappointed, cuz I can't join them. Cuz I have webbed toes !!!

What should I do ?

What would u do if u were me ?

What do u think about webbed toes ?

Favorite Answer

RELAX and go join a Wushu class. Chinese martial arts always wears shoes, Feiyues to be exact.

http://www.kungfudirect.com/products.php?cat=69

Item is in the third row. Have fun.

BTW find a real wushu school. What you saw was not traditional wushu. I guarantee it. I spent a lot of time in China training and saw at least 100 schools not one of them was barefoot. In China 99% of your training is done outside year round. You don't want to start in a school that just makes up their own stuff. Wushu is very complex and complicated. So find a good traditional school, one that wears shoes and does not rank, not even with sashes. Sashes hold your silks in place so they don't get in the way of your sword or other weapons and match the outfit you wear. Ranking is not a Chinese tradition.

Source(s): Do a little wushu and other Chinese martial art, primarily Shaolin Kung Fu and Chen Taiji.
  • Lex

First off, let's get some facts straight. The first fact is that having webbed toes isn't preventing you from doing martial arts. You are making the decision not to do martial arts. And you're making that decision because of what happened in the past.

I know what it's like to be bullied in martial arts. I know what it's like not to feel as though you have to quit because of how someone else is treating you. But there are some good things too. #1 people grow up. I found as an adult, that yeah, while there's jerks who just want to pick on you for how you look, what you wear, and even how you laugh, those people are typically NOT popular. #2 the bullies don't stay long in the martial arts either. Everyone who picked on me, quit. I found that's the case most of the time. They have to either find a school that supports their attitude or they leave. #3 You have to face up to some things about yourself eventually.

Making a portrait of quality may appear like it is really a life time away. It's not...  As soon as you proceed through this class, Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery from here https://tr.im/TE9tP you will begin to see how fast you will have the ability to pull quality portraits yourself.

One of many first notable top features of Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery was how comprehensive the course was. You can find over 605 designs and sketches in this program, which really is a great thing because learning to bring pencil pictures requires a lot of visuals.

There's also around 260 pages of led directions since Christopher Sia, the writer of this manual protected a wide selection of issues, from effectively filling out the iris to a unique two swing process that adds reality to hair.

• Bon

If the wushu classes are taught without wearing shoes, then it's not real wushu. Even the Shaolin monks wear shoes inside their temple. Go look elsewhere and don't be so concerned about what other people think.

I would still go. If you love it, it should be worth sacrificing for. Also, you can tell the instructors about your webbed toes and ask if it's ok to use socks, they should be fine with that. And if they aren't I wouldn't worry too much about it. There are things that everybody dislikes and are embarrassed about their body that they don't like to show. And lastly, if they make fun of you, it means that they are immature, and you should just ignore them.

• Mr K

First off you quickly notice that almost no ones feet are perfect, and secondly you'll be training with adults, not mean little children. Seriously, no one will care, assuming they notice at all.

They were idiots for making fun of you their just jealous that your unique :) (if I were in your place I would join and not pay any attention to anybody)