Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

2 young teenagers killed in a plane crash...?

Where was God?

What irreparable sin did those two girls commit at 15 and 16 years of age to merit death?

Update:

Right, so God is random? Instead of taking those two OTHER innocent girls, let's take these OTHER two. Because they're just Chineese rejects anyway.

Is that your God?

Update 2:

hard times? How is DYING a hard time? Dying is the END. It's not a trial, it's the final period at the end of a sentence.

Update 3:

@Cheryl: So...if I come down to your place, behead you and your family, then go to their school and behead everyone I find, not only should I go to jail, but people should THANK me for sending them to a better place?

REALLY?

Are you serious?

Update 4:

Yet, I'll be going to Hell for murder, even though I actually did a GOOD thing by sending them to a place where they will never suffer anymore.

Why is murder listed as a sin again?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The religious would probably point out that death is not a punishment for sin.

Indeed, they regard death as the door to eternal life in God's presence.

• Apple
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

So, is God uncaring and hardhearted then? Many people think that the answer to that question is yes. ‘If God cared,’ they reason, ‘would not the world be a very different place?’ We look around and see a world full of war, hatred, and misery. And as individuals, we get sick, we suffer, we lose loved ones in death. Thus, many say, ‘If God cared about us and our problems, would he not prevent such things from happening?

Many are told that God’s ways are mysterious or that he brings death upon people—even children—so that he can have them in heaven with him. Jehovah God never causes what is bad. The Bible says: “Far be it from the true God to act wickedly, and the Almighty to act unjustly!”—Job 34:10.

Worse yet, religious teachers sometimes lead people to think that God is hardhearted. How so? When tragedy strikes, they say that it is God’s will. In effect, such teachers blame God for the bad things that happen. Is that the truth about God? What does the Bible really teach? James 1:13 answers: “When under trial, let no one say: ‘I am being tried by God.’ For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.” So God is never the source of the wickedness you see in the world around you. (Job 34:10-12) Granted, he does allow bad things to happen. But there is a big difference between allowing something to happen and causing it.

Do you know why people make the mistake of blaming God for all the suffering in the world? In many cases, they blame Almighty God because they think that he is the real ruler of this world. They do not know a simple but important truth that the Bible teaches. The real ruler of this world is Satan the Devil.

The Bible clearly states: “The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” (1 John 5:19) When you think about it, does that not make sense? This world reflects the personality of the invisible spirit creature who is “misleading the entire inhabited earth.” (Revelation 12:9) Satan is hateful, deceptive, and cruel. So the world, under his influence, is full of hatred, deceit, and cruelty. That is one reason why there is so much suffering.

A second reason why there is so much suffering is that, mankind has been imperfect and sinful ever since the rebellion in the garden of Eden. Sinful humans tend to struggle for dominance, and this results in wars, oppression, and suffering. (Ecclesiastes 4:1; 8:9) A third reason for suffering is “time and unforeseen occurrence.” (Ecclesiastes 9:11) In a world without Jehovah as a protective Ruler, people may suffer because they happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

God has good reasons for allowing mankind to follow a bad course. As our wise and powerful Creator, he does not have to explain his reasons to us. Out of love, however, God does this. But rest assured that God is not responsible for the problems we face. On the contrary, he gives us the only hope for a solution!—Isaiah 33:2.

Furthermore, God is holy. (Isaiah 6:3) This means that he is pure and clean. There is no trace of badness in him. So we can trust him completely. He can and will undo all the effects that wickedness has had on mankind. When God acts, he will do so in a way that will end evil forever!—Psalm 37:9-11.

In the meantime, how does God feel about what is going on in the world and in your life? Well, the Bible teaches that God is “a lover of justice.” (Psalm 37:28) So he cares deeply about what is right and what is wrong. He hates all kinds of injustice. The Bible says that God “felt hurt at his heart” when badness filled the world in times past. (Genesis 6:5, 6) God has not changed. (Malachi 3:6) He still hates to see the suffering that is taking place worldwide. And God hates to see people suffer. “He cares for you,” the Bible says.—1 Peter 5:7.

How can we be sure that God hates to see suffering? Here is further proof. The Bible teaches that man was made in the image of God. (Genesis 1:26) We thus have good qualities because God has good qualities. For example, does it bother you to see innocent people suffer? If you care about such injustices, be assured that God feels even more strongly about them.

One of the best things about humans is our ability to love. That also reflects God. The Bible teaches that “God is love.” (1 John 4:8) We love because God loves. Would love move you to end the suffering and the injustice you see in the world? If you had the power to do that, would you do it? Of course you would! You can be just as sure that God will end suffering and injustice.

Source(s): What Does the Bible Really Teach?
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Where in any holy book God say He will not let 15 aand 16 year old die?

or if you are an atheist, why does that concern you.

Ask the pilot or who caused the crush if you can.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

you're genuine. #9 is the three Ninjas. there is two of those video clips. the three Ninjas and the three Ninjas sit down back #18 sounds particularly widespread yet can not think of of the call , i prefer to declare the Village or something like that. As for something of them, I have no theory

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Difference between an optimist and a pessimist. Did it ever occur to you that they are so blessed that Jesus took them back to heaven, where this is NO pain, NO sorrow, NO hunger, NO death.

Source(s): Is. 57:1
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

The biggest mistake we make is thinking that what happens on earth is the will of G-d.

G-d responsible for the message of Jesus is not of this world:

John 7:7

The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it that its works are evil.

Epistle to Jude 1:4 (to this condemnation)

----------------------------------------------------------

We're told all worldy knowledge is no good, yet we're enslaved by those behind the masks of the devils Paradigms - Capitalism, Officialdom, Straw Man, Bureaucracy/laws, left/right political paradigm, associated empowered monogamous organizations/occultism. (Satan)

• Kerry
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

You do not face hard times based on sin. You face hard times to learn and grow from experience. Trials and tribulations are what bring faith and trust in God.

If everything were given to you on a silver platter, you would be like most of those that voted for Obama, expecting hand outs and not working for them. In a word, expecting something for nothing.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Why would God give a shyte? Now really. Why?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

God was there. It could have been you, and your girl friend but it wasn't

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Believers are blind.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.