What warm or hot drinks can help vocal chords besides tea?

I've heard and read that hot tea works well for vocal chords, but I don't like tea. I'm not a big tea person.

I've also read that warm water works well for vocals, but I want to drink something that will help.

I know that I can't sing, but I still love singing anyways and at one point my throat started to get sore when I was singing.

So, besides Tea and Warm Water, are there any other Warm or Hot drinks out there that might help???

Thanks for all the answers.

Also @birdgirl, I've improved quite a bit. I started singing a little bit when I was 11 and every now and then when I was about 13-15. I have figured out a few things 'cause I've looked at tips online to see what could help and I've been able to manage it. It's weird 'cause my voice isn't as horrible as that guy that sang Candy Girl on The X Factor USA, but it's not as incredible as Demi Lovato's voice.

--Pretty much, it's not terrible, but it's not amazing either. And also, if I practice enough, I'm capable of teaching myself how to sing and I've also got a best friend who can help me out cuz she can sing.

But I've gotten a lot more into singing my 1st semester of college/when I basically turned 18. I'm 19 now and I still love to write as well as sing. But I've been writing lyrics since I was 11 and I'm still writing lyrics...

Favorite Answer

Nothing really. If you WANT to drink tea or warm water (or hot chicken soup), they can be soothing (especially if you have a cold)--but nothing actually touches your vocal cords. Just plain water is fine so you can keep hydrated. Some singers will avoid dairy or caffeinated drinks because it might cause problems (phlegm for the dairy, caffeine can be drying)--but other singers are not affected by these things at all.

What you should be worrying about instead of what can make your sore throat feel better, is why your throat hurts in the first place. Singing isn't supposed to hurt. It's your body's way of telling you that you are doing something very wrong. You are straining your voice in some way, and this constant strain can lead to some seriously damaged vocal cords.

Drinks--warm or otherwise--are not going to help you. You want to sing properly? Take voice lessons from the best and most patient teacher you can find. Fees and scheduling vary a lot, so do some research before you decide you can't afford it. If you can't sing (and many people who never took a lesson in their lives CAN) , then there is no way you can train yourself even if you sent away for the best possible course there is. You have no CLUE on how to do things that many find instinctual. A voice teacher will be there to show you EXACTLY what you should--and shouldn't--do. Depending on how what your singing is really like now, it won't be an overnight fix, but most people should be able to learn to sing in tune with a fairly pleasant tone. You can only train the voice you have from nature. Voice lessons aren't magic. Neither are hot drinks.

Source(s): personal experience and knowledge as a classically trained singer

Weak chamomile tea with a tablespoon of Manuka honey (it's a soothing, natural antibacterial). Skip the lemon, it's an astringent so will dry you out. Note though that this is not a magic drink, it's good for hydration, lubrication and vocal health but there is not a drink in the world that will make you a better singer!

Also, I know Birdgirl isn't saying what you want to hear but she is 100% correct. You cannot teach yourself to sing. You may think that you're improving with practice but the fact that your throat gets sore when you sing is a dead giveaway that your technique is poor. Singing is like sport - a tennis player who constantly practices with bad technique is not making themselves a better tennis player, they're just reinforcing their bad technique which will ultimately result in injury.

While YouTube videos may seem helpful you have no way of knowing a) that the person is teaching you safe technique and b) that you're actually doing it correctly. Don't mistake good singers for good voice teachers. Just because your friend is a good singer doesn't mean she has the skills to teach you good technique. I know plenty of incredible singers who have terrible technique and I can tell you now, they won't have voices to sing with 20 years from now. The ONLY way to learn safe singing technique is with a trained voice coach.

Source(s): I'm a singer, vocal arranger/producer and have 15 years training in laryngeal biomechanics.

These days you can learn how to sing over the internet. Check out Aaron Anastasi's singing video lessons here: http://www.superiorsingingmethod.link/ The videos are very easy to follow and to my surprise extremely helpful even for advanced singers. For beginners I would have to say this is a gold mine. I was able to improve my singing, voice tone and range in just under two weeks and I am an advanced musician, been doing this for the last 13 years.

I live in New York City, I wanted to go to a singing teacher but that would have cost me over $1400 per month. Good thing with this internet, $1400 it's a lot of money for me.

If you’re like most people who dream of becoming a world-class musician or just love to sing, your goal is simple: you want to overcome your vocal barriers. You want to take your singing ability to the highest level.

And you know that across the world, more and more people are taking their voice to that next level.

Superior Singing Method - http://superiorsingingmethods.info/61/Video-Tips.h...

But why do some of these ‘lucky’ singers seem to have amazing ability, perfect control, pitch, agility, confidence, and a huge vocal range – while you might still be struggling to improve your singing voice and have a masterful singing voice?

This is what makes the difference between a world-class singer and an average singer…

It’s all about how you practice and train your voice. Most ‘vocal improvement’ systems and techniques just give you a set of vocal exercises with NO direction and leave you on your own to figure out how to actually sing.

But at Superior Singing Method, I train you with a form of active vocal improvement to spark your inner singing ability, improve every aspect of your singing voice – which means that you will start singing the way you always dreamed while gaining a masterful control over your voice…with amazing power and a range that will let you hit every note with ease and confidence.

You’ll do this through a set of time-tested and highly refined vocal exercises that come together to train every aspect of your singing voice: a voice where you can sing with amazing pitch, better agility, more power, improved resonance and tone, and impress anyone who hears you sing.

The Superior Singing Method is like having a personal vocal instructor showing you exactly how your voice works, and how to work with each muscle group in your voice to get the results you want.

In Just 5 Minutes A Day, You Could Start Singing With Incredible Control, Power, Pitch, And More Freedom Than You Ever Imagined - http://superiorsingingmethods.info/61/Video-Tips.h...

Over 10,000 Singers – Including Professionals, Recording Artists and Even Total Beginners – Have Used The Superior Singing Method To Experience Vocal Breakthroughs!

Source(s): Discover How To Become A Better Singer In Just Days: http://superiorsingingmethods.info/61/Video-Tips.h...

The best thing you can do to really get your voice in shape is to practice, practice, practice - and I don't mean in the shower or while you are driving on the freeway. You need to be able

to practice where you can stand straight up, with good posture, for at least 30 minutes at a time. You need time to warm-up your vocal cords, practice your scales, and then embark on

singing some of your favorite tunes!

Instantly Learn How to Sing Any Song with a Per Bristow review Click here: https://tr.im/WePsf

If you want to learn your child and she\he has between 2.5 and 7 years of age then your great system is this https://tr.im/CcKOJ , Children Learning Reading.

The advantage that Children Learning Reading program  has around a whole term recognition learning class is that it is able to show it's methods in a nutshell and enjoyable  small steps.

With Children Learning Reading program you and your youngster will have a way to pay enjoyable time together because they learn to read. Number making your son or daughter to remain through dull ‘monitor marathons ', the lessons are so short they are simple to match into your daily routine. The whole class contains 50 classes and the classes are designed in a way so it will not matter in the event that you miss a couple of days between them. Therefore your youngster may carry on on the road to examining achievement even when “life gets in the way”'.

Where Are Your Vocal Chords

It's very possible to learn to sing well. You just need to know the right methods. Learn here https://tinyurl.im/aH6mD Singing teachers will cost money and can be expensive so they're not for everyone. Singing can be learned so it's not an "either you have it or you don't" kind of thing. Whether you sound like crap or you're decent, I recommend this singing course. It's one of the best methods to learn to sing well in a short amount of time. It's all about using efficient techniques that work.

If you want to know a very good vocal coach try to visit https://tr.im/AjI4H an online vocal coaching tutorial. Everything, ranging from breathing fundamentals, vocalizing exercises, techniques on singing high and low notes, how to not go off-key/out of tune/off-sync, musicianship and music theory, proper diction and articulation, and a lot more are covered, all in our native language. It can be quite technical in nature, but it really helps since it covers the musical aspect of singing deeply and not just concentrates on how to impress people with your vocal range, riffs and runs and other cliches that do not necessarily make one a complete vocalist.

You might already have a large circle of artistic friends in the industry but you can never have too many. Create a profile on MySpace with demos of your music and mingle with other artists in your musical genre. The Internet offers great opportunities to get your music out there, which means great opportunities to meet the right people and get your music heard.

Simultaneously you want to do as many gigs as possible. Even if this means singing in karaoke bars. Start small and take the opportunities that arise to perform local gigs to get exposure on the road to becoming a famous singer. As I said so much is about who you know and having a bit of luck so you need to get out there and start meeting people and creating your own luck so that you have the best chances to become a famous singer.

Of course you won't become a famous singer until you've developed a professional sounding singing voice and you will not do that without having singing lessons.

Click Here : https://tr.im/howtosingingbetter