Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

anyone on here seeking to be taken into the spirit to live and dwell in like Elijah?

There is so much to see in the spirit of God, does anyone else on here seek to live 100% in the spirit of God, fully surrendered unto the Lords will and for his purpose? Some days I think I am going to see, then I think I just pray unto some wall. To walk and talk and breath the holy spirit.....such a tormenting hunger and longing.

• Tiger
    Favorite Answer

I seek it every day by filling up with His Word.

Ephesians 5:17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, 20 giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, 21 submitting to one another in the fear of God.

"But be filled with the Spirit." True communion with God is not induced by drunkenness, but by the Holy Spirit. Paul is not speaking of the Holy Spirit’s indwelling (Ro 8:9) or the baptism by Christ with the Holy Spirit (1Co 12:13), because every Christian is indwelt and baptized by the Spirit at the time of salvation. He is rather giving a command for believers to live continually under the influence of the Spirit by letting the Word control them (see note on Col 3:16), pursuing pure lives, confessing all known sin, dying to self, surrendering to God’s will, and depending on His power in all things.

Being filled with the Spirit is living in the conscious presence of the Lord Jesus Christ, letting His mind, through the Word, dominate everything that is thought and done. Being filled with the Spirit is the same as walking in the Spirit. Christ exemplified this way of life (Lk 4:1).

MIMI

Source(s): MacArthur Study Bible

no, I take meds to keep that from happening.

the doctor used a five dollar word to describe what is going on, but a lithobid a day keeps the hallucinations away.

tricky step look on into the search engines it could actually help