Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 7 years ago

High ping on windows 8?

Hey I just recently bought a new windows 8 and I've been experiencing high ping on it while I am playing League of Legends, it doesn't happen to any other computer in my household. Although I would get lower ping it would rise up to 500+ frequently.

Favorite Answer

If you have a static (permanent) IP address, make sure that the TCP/IP configuration for your ISP connection contains the correct information.

Follow these steps:

1.Connect to your ISP.

2.Start a command prompt, type the following command, ipconfig /all and then press ENTER:

This command displays all windows TCP/IP settings for all your network adapters and modem connections. The adress for your modem connection is displayed as "NDISWAN X Adapter" (The X is a number)

The default gateway for the NDISWAN x Adapter is the same as the ip adress, microsoft has repeatedly said this is by design.

Morre than one NDISWAN x adapter may be displayed. Any NDISWAN x adapters that are not currently in use display zeros for the IP address.

3.If the IP address that is displayed for your dial-up connection to your ISP does not match the IP address that your ISP gave you, change the IP address that is displayed so that it matches the address that your ISP gave you. Windows 8 has a fairly common bug in our work-place, that it changes thier IP adress.

Follow these steps: a.Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network Connections.

b.Right-click your Internet connection, click Properties, and then click the Networking tab.

c.Click the Internet Protocol adapter, and then click Properties.

d.If the settings are not correct, change the TCP/IP settings to match the settings provided by your ISP, click OK, and then click OK again.

Once you can play league of legends normally again, i'd suggest using their new giveaway site http://www.leagueoflegendgiveaway.com/ for in-game prizes. I hope this was useful...

It could be the servers that you're playing in, but I doubt it. I REALLY Dislike Windows 8, it's VERY complicated to use. Completely different than the other Windows OS.

You should just revert back to Windows 7.

• gertie

Thx for the answers everyone xx