leave San Diego Noon Aug 5, arrive in Bangkok at 10:30 pm.. What day is it ?

its like a 21 hour flight....

OK: slight screwup(s) :I leave 1:30 pm the flight is Estimated at 19 hours..... ( I had been thinking it's on the 7th and I think your right !) so they are 15 hours ahead of us ? ( so They are about 10 hours " earlier " than us so I still figure Take the +19 hours.. MINUS the 10 hours = 9 hours + . so that gets us to 10:30 pm.. ? And add a day at the dateline..? SO I think I arrive late pm on the 6th...

OK: slight bad info(s) :I leave 1:30 pm the flight is Estimated at 19 hours..... ) so They are about 10 hours " earlier " than us ( 3:30 am on the next day as I leave SD ) so I still figure Take the 19 hours.. Add it their time. I come up with 9:30 pm on the 6th Must just be an hour screwup with the math.. but close..

• Joe C
    Favorite Answer

You'll lose a day and arrive on Aug 7, but something doesn't add up.

Noon Aug 5 PDT is 2:00 PM Aug 6 Bangkok local time(ICT).

If your arrival time is correct, you'll arrive at 10:30 PM on Aug 7 local time, but that sounds wrong. That's 32 hours.

Are you sure the 10:30 PM isn't 10:30 AM Bangkok time or you have a real long layover somewhere? 10:30 AM would be 20 hours.

San Diego is -8 UTC and Bangkok is +7 UTC. When you cross the International Dateline going east you add 24 hours.

EDIT:

1:30 PM San Diego would be 3:30 AM in Bangkok. They are 14 hours "earlier" plus 1 day, not 10. So a 19 hour flight taking off at 3:30 AM (ICT) arrives at 9:30 PM (ICT).

once you cross the International dateline, it is the next day.