Christians, why is it that millions of Christians can interpret the Bible in as many ways?

which are clearly night and day different and they all still get rewarded with eternal bliss? Yet my interpretation is just as subjective (I interpret the Bible as a blatant fairy tale) and supposedly I receive eternal punishment instead of being rewarded for my "own" interpretation. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either your "just" God has a "concise" set of rules to follow, or everyone is left to their own interpretation to make sense of the contradictory nonsense.

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound when claiming your just God will punish and reward people based on your subjective interpretation of what other subjectively interpret?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Christian religion was adulterated with pagan ideas starting in the second century. Some of these ideas included the immortal soul, hell fire, trinity. By the time the first English Bibles were produced namely the King James Bible in 1611 these entrenched ideas were introduced into the English Bible because of poor translation concepts of the scholars that were working form copies of the Bible written In Hebrew and Greek that were form about the 10th century.

Later discoveries of earlier manuscripts from around the second to fourth century showed how some doctrinal errors had crept into the newer ( 10th century) manuscripts by the adding of a word here and there and the changing the occasional word to suit the introduced pagan ideas.

So now we have Bibles that are produced using the oldest manuscripts and Bibles that are produced using the younger manuscripts, and theological biases influence the way translators render some passages

Don't worry about going to a fiery hell the Bible dose not teach such a thing

Source(s): A life times study of the Bible and its origins
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

There are the sane christians that interpret the bible as a metaphoric allegory over absolute literal fact.

Oddly enough, the Christians who interpret the bible as absolute fact don't seem to be killing their neighbour for working on Sunday or slaughtering their wives for speaking when unspoken to.

Source(s): @twinkle toez saved. Really? Canada has a higher education rate and a more thriving economy than the US, anyhow. Your resorting to childish prejudicial insults tells me that you really have no valid retort and need to well, grow the hell up. - An annoyed Canadian.
  • 7 years ago

The bible is super vague and has many contradictions. This leads to many interpetians and over 40000 dominations. Ironic since it was jesus that said a house divided cannot stand

• 7 years ago

The Holy Spirit is there to help anyone understand the bible if they want to understand it as truth.

1Corinthians 2:13 "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Jesus said he would send the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth. The idea of being "led" into truth implies a learning process, which doesn't differ from the OT's view of "precept upon precept, line upon line"

• 7 years ago

Try to interpret anything and you will get a lot of answers.

• Nous
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

"No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says; he is always convinced that it says what he means." George Bernard Shaw

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

with many people,

with many chruches

with many pastors

with many preachers

with many gods

with many sects

with many intellects

we are bound to get different interpretations for example we have over 500 christian sects. doesn't that say a lot?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.