I am meeting a guy off the internet? HELP?

Okay when I was 14 I met a guy on nexopia (that was like fb back in the day) anywho we got talking and instantly clicked I fell in love without even meeting him! I was so happy we dated for a year and a half over msn. We talked on the phone and YES I video chatted with him hes the real deal. Anyway we broke up when I was just about 16.. when I was 16 an a half I met my boyfriend we dated till about a week ago, we decided we weren't meant for eachother and that we would still talk and maybe get back together one day in the future, the guy I used to date over the internet came back into my life we got talking and im going to meet him when I go visit friends in a week! will it be awkward? should I meet him? have any of you had a similar experience please help im so nervous

Favorite Answer

Whatever you do, make sure to stay in a public place, and make sure someone knows where you're at, at all times, be safe!

It might be weird or awkward, especially if you're not really attracted to him. Just relax and be yourself. And, remember to be an empowered female and never do anything that you don't want to or are not comfortable doing.

There is nothing more nerve racking than meeting new people, but as you said in your question, you have seen him and he has seen you thru video chat. The first couple minutes will be hard but if it is meant to be I think that things will all fall into place. I would try to not bring up the reason you guys broke up but focus more on the reasons you got along in the first place. There was a year and half of good stuff I am assuming so use that as conversation material.

I haven't had any similar experiences but i'v heard of a lot of people meeting over the internet and dating for a really long time, But if you really love him you guys should meet.. be careful and bring some pepper spray just in case, though. :3

Buttertoast

Go see him, even if you are just friends thats fine. I met my best friend on Chatroullette 2 years ago, I see him every summer and I am completely head over heels for him and he's my best friend. So go for it.