J H
Lv 6

What lesson was Jesus teaching us for this time that we are living in ?

Luke ch.12, v"s : 24,25,26 - Consider the ravens for they neither sow nor reap;

which neither have storehouses nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much

better are you than the fowls?

25.And which of you by taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?

26. if ye then are not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye

thought for the rest?

What have you learned or want to learn from what Jesus said ?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

In answering I would add to those verses you have quoted and would begin by saying this in response to James’ answer: “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be.” (Luke 12:34). How long, James, do you think it will be before today’s superficial ‘high-tech’ society is viewed as tomorrow’s little-understood pre-history? To me these verses are illustrations that “flesh-out” and reinforce what Yeshua has already stated, that “life is more than meat, and the body more than raiment” (Luke 12:23). To worry about the superficial, material world to the exclusion of all else is folly – it is certainly not what we are here for: For Yeshua also said: The first commandment is “Hear O Israel the Lord our God is one Lord and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength … the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself”. (Mark 12:29-30).

Source(s): The Bible.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I'm forever learning from what Jesus said as His teachings surpass all others.

What I have learned here is that as much as we try not to be we are dependent upon God for our daily bread. Those who worry about their physical sustenance have lost sight of their Heavenly Father who cares more for them then He does the sparrows or ravens and if He bothers to feed the plainest of birds, how much more will He feed us?

Worry profits us nothing.

Source(s): LOB
  • A
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Nothing. Anything he said was based on events that have LONG since been over, and their applications to today's high-tech society are little to none. Put away your bible and other childish things, and go enjoy your life.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.