Jess asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

Diet Shakes...do they really work?

I am 14 stone (4 stone over the weight suggested by the NHS BMI test) I have been going to the gym for a few weeks now and eating very well. I have cut out all fast food, alcohol and fizzy drinks. I'm noticing a stamina difference but not a physical one.

I've been reading up on these diet whey shakes and calorie burner tablets, many endorsed by celebrities. This made me very sceptical, as they are all toned anyway with personal trainers. Some website shows images of everyday before who have sent in before and after shots, and some of the results (if real) are pretty impressive.

What I want to know is if they are damaging to your body in anyway, and once you finish taking them what will happen? I anticipate you will gain the lost weight, and I do not want to have to take shakes for my entire life.

I want answers from people who have actually used these products, and let me know the brand so I can research. thank you :)

Favorite Answer

the only shakes i like are whey protein shakes

u make a smoothie with them..... use frozen fruit an a blender

the only supplments i like for fat burning are CLA

an green tea

If you replace a couple meals a day with a diet shake then yes you will see results but i would recommend going to the gym each day for at least an hour. The longer your body is at a lower weight the more accustomed it will become and the easier it will be to keep it off. If you get to your goal weight and then stop going to the gym then you will gain it back. You don't have to drink diet shakes forever but you will have to adopt a regular exercise routine for a while until your body gets comfortable with your lower weight. It might take about 6 months for your body to get completely comfortable with the weight

This may not answer your question but

I took these products through the week and as I was lifting weights n such I was exhausted and couldn't lift what I normally do. I blamed the shakes and stopped having them. Well good luck