Need help changing the sound of A with a accent above?

My daughters name is Amaya. But everyone pronounces it Ah-my-ah and it's suppose to be Ah-may-Ah, so is there any accent in English that I can add above the middle A to make the Ahh sound, or to let people know its not silient? I know ā is to hold it longer, but that's the only one I know. These are the others on my phone à á â ä Æ ã å

• Neil
    Favorite Answer

You don't know an accent to change the sound of the letter 'a'. It's not likely that anyone else will, either. Now, you and your daughter just have to explain how to pronounce it. If you put on the accent, you will have to explain that as well.

Don't change her name. It will only cause more confusion and difficulties for Amaya..

Don't bother with the accent mark. Just pronounce it correctly for Amaya's and everyone else's benefit.