Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 7 years ago

how do you people start a journal? weird question ik?

i just got this new journal and i dont know how to start it. its really nice and i dont wanna right something stupid as my first page . . . how would you start a journal?

Favorite Answer

You could always leave the first page blank and just start it on the second page. Then as you get ideas, go back and fill it in!

One that I always like to do is write down a list of inside jokes my friends and I have. Its always nice to be able to look back at the front page of your journal on a rainy day and have something to make you laugh. You could also stick movie ticket stubs, photo booth pictures, etc on the front page :)

There are different kinds of journals. Some people simply record what they did that day, and other people record thoughts, ideas, etc. Personally, I think the first type is liable to be less embarrassing and more valuable as the years go by. If you agree, just start writing. If you're going to use both sides of the page, don't choose a pen that won't bleed through.

You could express your thoughts on how you felt receiving the journal and how you think it will help you.