Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 6 years ago

Icing recipe to get a perfect cupcake swirl?

I made a buttercream icing for my cupcakes. When piping the icing onto the cupcakes, the icing started to ooze off the sides of the cupcake. It was a complete mess to say the least! Can someone recommend an icing recipe that would work good for big cupcake swirls if buttercream is not the way to go.

• Best Answer

My favorite go to butter cream recipe is as follows:

3 1/4 cups of icing sugar,

1 cup of room temp butter

3 tbsp of milk or cream, you could also use clear soda or champagne.

And what ever flavoring you'd like and food coloring if you'd prefer.

Beat everything together for 3-4 minutes and add the liquid one spoonful at a time until you get your desire consistency.

I'm using this same recipe on a daily basis and my swirls are picture perfect every time. The icing even held up to a 7 hour trip on a bus on a VERY hot day. You can half up the recipe easily if you'd like to try a smaller amount. It'll still work great. Also make sure your cupcakes are completely cool before you start to frost them if not the heat inside the cake will melt the frosting. Good luck!

Source(s): Owner and Operator of a cupcake and dessert specialty shop

Wilton recipe is:

1 cup solid white vegetable shortening

1 teaspoon wilton flavor

7-8 teaspoons milk or water

1lb pure cane confectioners sugar

1 tablespoon wilton meringue powder

Pinch of salt (optional)

-if you want to make it a medium consistency add 2 1/2 teaspoons of water. If your icing has a good consistency it may be the temperature. Just put it in the freezer to cool down and start piping again.

Hope I helped :)

Source(s): Taking wilton course

Wow, those cupcakes seem scrumptious! i could think of that softening ice cream so it particularly is spooned into cupcake liners could be a thank you to do it. and you will positioned particularly ice cream, and then some chocolate chocolates or some thing on perfect, and then positioned extra ice cream and re-freeze it. that's in user-friendly terms a wager nevertheless....have not ever tried it. and that i haven't ever concept-with regard to the assumption the two. i think of i might desire to objective this!

Sounds like your butter cream icing was not stiff enough. You using store-bought?

Wilton has many recipes that you can use, please check them out.

Source(s): Wilton