I don't drink water, but I drink other liquids?

Ok, so since I was little, I've always hated water. I can't stand the taste of it, and it makes me sick. Literally, it makes me feel sick and everything if I drink it. I've tried drinking it at different temperatures, but no. I seriously hate it. I drink plenty of other liquids, smoothies, orange juice, vitamin water, and flavored water. My question is, is if I drink vitamin water and flavored water, is it still the same as just drinking water? Will it still give my body all of the nutrition it needs?

*NO HATE* *TEN POINTS BEST ANSWER :)* *SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY*

Thanks to everyone! :)

Favorite Answer

you have to take water as a whole bt you can take it in another form

Look for the water in the supermarket that adds flavor (sometimes carbonation) but no fake sweeteners. (Klarbrunn sparkling water). Remember that carbonation deters calcium - so you may want to supplement your diet with calcium.

100% real juice will give you the water you need as well - along with calories! - or add it to water for flavor.

V-8 juice is a good source of nutrients, but its high in sodium - try to get used to the low sodium product - or just drink the real thing!

Co-Enzyme 10 or CoQ10 from the right supplier contributes to keeping you young - you wouldnt believe my age if you saw me! And Omega 3 keeps your brain going strong.

Hope these suggestions help . . . from someone who doesnt drink enough WATER!

This isn't about nutrition, because there are no nutrients in water. It's about liquid intake. You can get all the liquid you need from vitamin water and flavored water - just make sure they don't have too high a sugar content, because you don't want to overdose on sugar.

I'm not too sure but you should try drinking "Hydralyte". It comes in different flavours and you can get icy poles, dissolving tablets and ready made bottles of it. One glass of it is supposed to equal to 2 glasses of water. It doesn't even taste that bad. It has like a fizzy quality to it. When my body refused water I was told to take it and now it's like a regular thing now :)

EDIT: The main thing is keeping you hydrated. There are no nutrients in water.

Source(s): Personal experience :) Check it out here- http://www.hydralyte.com/ You can buy it at your local chemist :)

I'm not really sure, but you should try to force yourself to drink water every once in a while ( I know,I know) or cranberry juice because you can get uti

Source(s): I hate water and I know how you feel and from time-to-time i get some kind of infection going on and I try to force myself to drink water in order to get rid of it.