Christians ONLY. Should we blame Christianity for what is happening in Russia and Africa against LGBT people ?

English is not my native language, I'm sorry for any misspellings.

We all know that gays in Africa and Russia are facing now very bad discrimination against, many of them being killed or send to jail or otherwise.

Why we should not blame Christianity for what is happening there ? Why should Christianity always run free out of what Christians do ?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Bill
    Lv 4
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Christians are to teach God's Word, and we are to never hold back the truth. This being said, there is no place in God's Word that says to be hateful to people, or lock them in prison, unless they commented a crime against humanity. Some people do take what God says and pervert His Word, however that is not the fault of Christianity, but the fault of ones interpretation.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

While many Russians list their religion as Christian, only about 10%of Russians today actually practice religion at all. And that 10% includes anybody who attends church one or more times a year. Under Communist rule, a policy called gosateizm forbade any public display of religion or any public statement from any church. Atheism was the official communist doctrine and after decades of gosateizm religious organizations withered to little or nothing. Many communities in Russia today have no churches at all because Communist zealots burnt down, and under the rules of gosateizm there could no public appeal for reconstruction.

You might want to read about "The Harvest of Sorrow". While an individual demonstrating faith might be sent to a gulag or mental institution, communities that demonstrated an active church faced extermination. Without warning the Soviet Army would approach the town and gather the residents to a field and machine gun every man woman and child,and then bury them in a trench. As many as 60 MILLION people may have died this way. Even in our current time is not rare that a construction crew breaks ground on a project only to find the remains of what used to be a village.

I can see no connection to LBGT and the church policy because for all practical matters there still is no religious authority to represent the vox populi. One can argue that a reason for declarations of faith in Russia is to stake out a position against any future autonomy by atheists.who have no moral constraints against committing genocide upon their own countrymen. The purges enacted by atheistic communists were the most murderous events in all of Russia's history, and are not so distant in history as nearly a third of all Russians living today also lived in those times. One can further point out that the propaganda of communist/atheist Russia was that homosexually was attributable to the social influence of decadent western (Christian) society.

In Africa, the matter is different and more complex as there you are throwing the policies of 40 countries and hundreds of ethic groups under the same umbrella in your question. To be horribly simplistic about an answer, the Muslims of North Africa have firmly stated policies against LGBT.In the Christian south one has to go parish by parish for an answer, which varies from total acceptancce to total rejection

Source(s): Time spent in Russia and Africa , conversations with former residents of, of both, affiliations with CIPE, AMINAA, and Bureau of East West Trade, 12 years US Congressional staff, projects with US State Department that coincidentally led to awareness of these groups.
  • nrendr
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

It is no longer simply Christianity that I dislike, I dislike all religions, to be sincere. And my reasons for no longer likeing religion goes deeper than just the "homophobic, erroneous participants who preach hatred rather of affection" that you point out. When you seem back in historical past, quite a lot of predominant problems and wars were prompted through religions. I simply can not get past all the agony and suffering that's brought about via different individuals pushing their beliefs to the point of making use of violence. I am not towards devout humans, though. That you can suppose what you need, i don't mind. I simply don't love religions... If that makes any feel...

• 7 years ago

In your question, you assume that in Russia gays are imprisoned and killed (for being gay). This is simply wrong. Do you have any facts to back that assumption?

A to christianity, yes religion is the biggest opponent of LGBT. Why do you think you have right to blame christians for their oppinion? At least as long, as they aren't doing something criminal, and in this case, court should decide, not you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

in China, Saudi Arabia, Eritrea, and other parts of Africa and Asia there are christians being jailed and killed for their religion. there are over 1 million Sudanese Christians in Saudi Arabia as slaves because they are Christians, and there is a big issue with how often Arabics are crucifying them as well. Christians have been killed and tortured for thousands of years, the things done to them during the Roman and Greek empire is unbelievable, and even today its horrible, you dont hear about it, because the world is trying to snuff it out, and paint them in an image that causes global hatred, yet they are being killed everyday by thousands everyday, watch the Youtube Video below. All Christians do is say they cannot support homosexuality, Christians arent killing anyone, Christians arent causing riots of hate, Christians are the non violent enemy that is being accused of destroying the world. but look through those links, watch the videos, see whats really happening in the world. 2 men having sex gets more sympathy than hundreds of christians being burned alive for loving Jesus. Dont fall into the trap being laid, that urges you to see hate where it doesnt exist, and ultimately causes you to be hateful.

http://www.persecution.org/2013/03/30/christian-pe...

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/10/report-1...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k8BXeyvi4o

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3663654.stm‎

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians‎

• 7 years ago

I believe religion is part of it but at the same, I believe russia is a country with many problems of discrimination, not just against the lgbt community but at the same to other groups and in Africa, it depends of the country, the discrimination exist not just against the LGBT people, against other religions.

• Yes. In Africa, American "evangelicals" sow the seeds of homophobia and violence for profit. In Russia, it's the Orthodox Church which promotes and glamorizes the immoral notion that people do not need to control their sinful homophobic urges anymore.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

homophobia is encouraged by Religious conviction but is not the only cause

there are many Christian groups that support the Gay community as part of all god's family

homosexuality is universal it happens even among animals. the more the brain that experiences pleasure and is influenced by chemical hormones the more likely there will be some (not universal) **** erotic behavior as sex becomes separated from reproduction.

humans are not fish or insects that just reproduce as necessary.

Source(s): it is complicated.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Christianity & Christians aren't there the same religion?

• 7 years ago

Hate exists in ALL groups of people. Christianity forbids murder. We're under grace and the penalty of death for sin is revoked. Therefore no follower of Christ would ever murder or harm a homosexual person just for being a homosexual. I have gay people in my family. They're alive and well. They spoke to me on the phone awhile ago. I haven't killed them. Am I just some sort of anomaly or could you be generalizing which isn't at all logical?

Source(s): Christian
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.