Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 7 years ago

Would You Say I Have Good Taste in Music?

Im wondering if I have a good taste in music. I have a tendency to find the best in every artist or song (assuming that they are halfway decent). I pretty much listen to every genre. I dabble in metal but I wouldnt say im a huge fan, not a fan of newer country but love older country music (i.e. Johnny Cash). Also of Frank Sinatra type music. I like rap, but am very particular with it. I listen to Wu tang, early Snoop Dogg, Dre, Eminem, The Game, Kendrick Lamar, J.Cole, Joey Bada$$, Big L, Nas, Jay-Z (although not a huge fan), Kanye (although he has to step up the lyrics a bit, he is a genius when it comes to producing), Mac Miller, Pac, Biggie, Kid Cudi, Macklemore aint bad either, Outkast, NWA, Ice Cube, and a lot more i cant remember at the moment. Into blues from the 40's to the 60's, favourites are John Lee Hooker and BB King. Rock music, most of the greats (Rolling Stones, Beatles, etc.), bowie, not partial to 80's but triumph, van halen, saga and supertramp are good, and the newer age stuff im not a fan of (Red Hot Chili Peppers excluded), but I dont think they are bad either. Soul Music definently a fan of, Marvin Gaye, Al Green, Otis Redding (favourite), aretha, pretty much any Soul Music. Also a huge fan of funk (parliament, funkadelic). Basically my "thing" is that music that i dont generally listen to, like maybe Jay-Z, I dont like listening to it, yet I can respect and understand the artist's "genius" and not detest the artist (as long as the artist is not stupid crap like bieber). Example, when someone says Kendrick Lamar is "$I-IiT" to me, because they dont listen to him, I frrrrreeeeeaaaaakkk the F..K out, because i dont listen too heavily to Big Daddy Kane, but I can see why people would listen to him and I have respect for his artistry. Ive got about 3000 songs on my ipod and im always adding at least 20 songs every week and am constantly listening to music. I would consider myself a person with a great range of music as i listen to basically everything worth listening to. Being 17, ive had to listen to "top 40 hits" with my friends and it drives me insane as they call my music really bad, meanwhile they listen to like Pitbull.

Anyway...would i be someone who has a good taste in music?

also a big fan of barry white, Vandross, that type of music. as well as all rock from 1950 to 1980

@thatfool...about Jay-Z I like reasonable doubt but i just think he has been very inconsistent but still dope..btw try out J.cole if youre into Kendrick and Joey Bad

Favorite Answer

Really good taste,actually. Nice and diverse. Similar to mine. Love me some old school hip hop, Outkast, Wu Tang, Big, Dre, Snoop, Nas (Illmatic is always hella tight to listen to.) Kanye's first 3 albums (College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, MBDTF) are quite enjoyable.I also recently started listening to Joey Bada$$, my sister got me into him :D. Kendrick Lamar has some dope *** beats too (Sing About Me) If you don't really enjoy Jay Z, if you haven't already, listen to his first album Reasonable Doubt. That is his best work in my opinion. I also suggest all of the music from the Black Keys. Keep it real and don't listen to the biased person who said all of that is **** except for the Beatles and Sinatra. :D

Aside from Frank Sinatra and The Beatles, I think the rest of them pretty much suck. So no.

This subject is completely subjective. But I personally approve.

yes

Its not great, but not terrible and I Love Pitbull...

Not really