IRON MAN asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 8 years ago

What are the sins of america throughtout the world and history?

Sins of immorality like abortion, gay marriage, orgies. Drugs, alcoholism, things in society. Pornagraphy

Sins in history: killed native indians, slave blacks, Vietnam war, went to iraq for oil.. And so on.

Thanks

Iam from the new york btw.. Just dealing with reality.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Abortions and Gay marriages - Europe is by mile ahead of US in these sins.

Drugs - read about Muslim hashish usage (since word Assassin/Hashishin)

Alcoholism - read Russian statistics on this subject. Their nation is in perils because of that.

Pornography - legalized one in Amsterdam is not an American phenomena

Political:

Most Native Americans were killed by germs. Germs have no nationality. It was a long war with other Native Americans. Both sides kill at war. When war ended, Native Americans got special privileged status with many benefits, self-government and respect from the rest of US society.

Blacks are still enslaved in some Arab countries. US fought bloody war to end that shameful practice. Americans had paid in blood already.

Iraqi oil went to Chinese corporations. US was not there to grab oil.

And so on...

Europe was liberated from Nazi.

Europe and many Asian countries were kept free from Communists.

Free World trade for everybody (Chinese had benefited the most).

Technological progress allowing you to be on this global forum - miracle by the 1950s standards.

Abortion, homosexuality, orgies, drugs, alcoholism, pornography, slavery all existed in Europe, Africa, Asia, etc. long before America was founded. In fact, slavery thrived for thousands of years in Europe, Africa, and Asia but within 20 years of the founding of the USA, slavery was abolished in half the states and all the states within another 80 years, it's not just a coincidence.

You got us on the killed Natives Americans though.

I find it interesting that people still find gay marriage, "drugs", and alcoholism to be sins.

I've recently had an opinion shared with me, and this opinion made a very good point. In the Bible, sex is only to be practiced with the intent to reproduce and procreate, and never for the purposes of pleasure. Thus, this is what would ultimately make gay marriage a sin since people of the same sex cannot reproduce and their only reasoning to have sexual intercourse would be for pleasure. Now, is it not common for heterosexual couples to also engage in this same practice of sexual intercourse of sheer desire and pleasure? How is though that the latter is considered to be of lesser sin? The answer, society.

As far as drugs and alcoholism, this country and the church holds one of the biggest hypocritical beliefs about the both. First and foremost, you must realize why drug use is considered a sin. Drugs are considered a sin as they alter the brain and mental state of the human body, which is to be worshipped and praised as a temple. Yes, many drugs have horrible affects and are clearly something that one should not participate in. However, this is another case of making one equal less than another as I had mentioned above. What many people choose to ignore is that ALL drugs alter the brain and human body. This goes to include nicotine and alcohol, though many people of the church still smoke and drink alcohol on a regular basis. Is Jesus' blood not represented as wine? Yet, the consumption of alcohol should ultimately be deemed as sin as it is a drug.

The twist of morals in this world is unreal. I'm not all that religious nor am I one of those people who are just flat out overly paranoid of the world around them and think that this world is going to blow up and be on it's way to hell. I simply do my research and only wish that people would begin doing the same before making absurd statements as they do often times.

Source(s): Just my opinion on the matter

Orgies? Americans indulge in orgies. Wow, missed that on my last visit to San DIego. Darn!

No such thing as pornagraphy.

Abortion and gay marriage aren't sins, that's simply you disagreeing with them and passing judgement.

pretty much the same sins as most other governments throughout history, including other nations that exist today. The US is a nation built on idealism. We strive to reach that ideal, though we rarely achieve it. And we sometimes disagree on what is good, or right, but over time we tend to come to the right conclusions. Which is more than can be said of many nations.

You've pretty much covered all the big ones but I'd also add spitting in the streets and talking too loudly on their mobile phones. Hanging's too good for 'em, etc.