Do you support labor unions?

In the 1960's a ceo's pay was approx 20 times his average worker. That number has ballooned into quadruple digits. Some CEOs now make 1100x what their average worker makes. How do anti union ppl justify this in their minds? Do they just say the word capitalism? Is that enough? It is due to capitalism but that doesn't make it acceptable. These rich upper class buy time and print to spread anti union rhetoric for the purpose of stripping workers of pay and benefits. They also buy out politicians to regurgitate these same fallacious talking points. I understand why the rich and crooked are anti union because it makes them money but why do middle class people with half a brain think this way? So many people incapable of independent thought

They can't see that the upper class is the ones instigating these fights among the working class while they rob us all blind?

Call me what you will but I'm not interested in a race to the bottom while 1% of the population gets rich beyond their dreams. If they had their way we would all be making Chinese wages working in sweat shops

I love when dumb sheep spout off at the mouth because THEIR tax dollars funds public sector employees. Yes they do but if that work was privatized you would not save any money. You still have to pay for these things like hospitals and roads. The only difference is if they were privatized a big company would come in and take the contract, slash wages for the workers and keep all the rest of the money for the execs at the top. That's why these corporations pay politicians to spout that rhetoric

• Gian
    Favorite Answer

I support them as long as there is an authority that controls that they don't support bad quality workers.

• freer

often, i'm professional-union. Unions are had to take care of the rights of workers. although, in recent circumstances, Unions have long gone previous protecting workers into bleeding the employers (see UAW). some Union leaders are becoming reckless and grasping with their ability. They in fact extort the employer into paying the staff extra, then while pay is greater, Union dues are greater purely as lots. Overly grasping unions are in part responsible for a number of the concerns over on the huge 3 and Caterpillar. yet, purely simply by fact some Unions have run wild does not propose the finished employer is erroneous. i think of a worker ought to take transport of a option to or to no longer connect a union. while he's employed, he can % to connect and get representation (paying dues, attending conferences etc of course), yet he should not be required to connect a union purely for the reason that's a union shop.

No. They just protect bad employees and poor quality.

Look at the UAW. They killed the American auto industry. Before the late 1970s there were hardly any import cars in the US. Maybe a few Mercedes, Volvos or Saabs here and there, bit over all the roads were 95% American cars. Now, that number is like 40%.

• Ranger

Labor Unions are why the middle class came into existence. The companies that did not want to deal with unions raised workers pay and benefits to near union pay to keep the workers from forming a union.

With the decline of labor unions, the average hourly wage has been dropping.

Source(s): rc

I support Private Sector Unions, but not much in terms in Public Sector Unions.

Public Sector Unions have better benefits than private workers and use the money from the private workers.

Bread and Roses

No, I am quite capable on negotiating my own compensation package and should be able to be rewarded based on my PRODUCTIVITY, not my time on the job.

And then I won't have to pay yet another loser lib lefty loving collective a cut of my earnings.....

The problem is nobody remembers what is was like without Unions.

There's a reason people died for them.

yes without them cons would exploit workers even more than they do now

Unions prove that humans are not capable of doing anything without making it just as corrupt and indefensible as whatever it replaced.