Please only answer if your a strong christian/catholic?

Im 15 and And have made my Confirmation but have lots of questions and really need some guidance

so latley iv been thinkg how exactly do we know there is a heaven how can people have such strong strenght in god and not just think that everything happens Scientifically and be so sure there is a heaven

Im not trying to offend anyone just please help with a little guidance an Closure i guess

Hello, Nicholas,

It is good to ask for information to give your faith a strong foundation. Paul praised the Burieans for checking out what he was telling them.

.

I think i might know and author who could help answer your questions.

Lee Strobel.

He has many wonderful books that are logical in evaluation of the beliefs of Christianity. He used to be an atheist investigative reporter ....... he became a Christian when he tried to prove that Christianity was a lie and ended up proving just the opposite.

. His first book was "A Case for Christ", but he has many others, now ------- "A Case for Creation" is another one, but there are others.

. You also might like Hank Hanegraaff from the Christian Research Institute, equip.org. He has several good books plus a call-in radio program "The Bible Answer Man".

. Both are Protestants but neither of them believe that Catholicism is a cult the way some Protestant leaders do, so you will be fine with them.

. I would be surprised if your priest didn't approve of them.

. Two other resources you might want to check into are Focus on the Family and Family Life Today, especially their "store" areas for young people.

.

OH !!!!!! ---------- and a SUPERB resource for Christian young people of all denominations is Campus Crusade for Christ !!!!!!!!!! They should be able to help answer your questions, too.

.

I hope that helps to answers your questions, Nicholas.

I will be praying for you.

You have a wonderful day :-)

T

• Misty

It is normal to ask questions, and you should seek to know your faith.

<<how can people have such strong strength in god and not just think that everything happens Scientifically >>

Because science can explain how things happen doesn't mean it can explain why. Science is not at odds with a belief in God. In fact many scientists believe in God, and many have come to believe in God through their scientific research.

We can't "know" there is a heaven, or a God, based solely on the external poofs we've come to rely on for everything else. We can know God in our soul, this is an understanding that transcends the intellect. So many people limit their knowledge to what they can discover or know with just the 5 senses. There are other things we can know beyond that.

Trying to prove God through science is using the wrong tool. For instance a ruler is a great tool. We can use it to know certain things. But can you use a ruler to know how much oxygen is in the air? No, because it is the wrong tool. You can't say there is not oxygen because I can't measure it with my ruler. The same goes for knowing and understanding God. Don't limit your ability to know him by using the wrong tools.

Prayer is the most valuable tool for knowing God. Ask him to guide and enlighten you. Seek him in the sacraments and be sure to attend Mass every Sunday. Be there, worship him and you will come to know him.

We do not know there is a heaven. We do not know that we have souls. We do not know that there is an afterlife. We do not know that there is a god. We do not know. There is no evidence for any of that.

Religion requires faith. Faith does not change reality. Faith in things that are not true does not help at all. I could for instance have faith that I can fly just by flapping my arms fast enough. If I only flap my arms fast and have a strong enough faith in my ability to fly, then I can fly. This faith might be very strong in me, yet it will never actually enable me to fly, but it would probably bring me into dangerous situations.

All ancient civilizations had their own gods and their own religions. They all turned out to be fictional. That is a general pattern.

Source(s): I was raised strict catholic.

If you see how much the world has changed from the beginning, becoming worse and worse, you see how the devil is trying to corrupt the souls of people. Why would things keep getting worse and lead people in the wrong direction if it wasn't to get them away from God? There would be no reason make people worse. Look at the way women dressed centuries and even decades ago and look how they dress now. Same with music. Do you see how foul it is? It's the devil trying to take souls to hell with him. He is succeeding in doing that and making people turn from God. Think about it. In early times, people would have thought you were insane to not believe in God and now it's the other way around. Followers of God and Jesus Christ must remain strong. No matter how many people the devil take with him, God will prevail. The people the devil have are weak and the people God have are strong because of Him. Still, we must pray that they see the way. Always pray for them. Even your enemies. Love God, love Christ, and always have faith. Never doubt. He is here always. No matter science has led you to believe.

• H

Information—the real problem with Evolution

The main scientific objection to the GTE is not that changes occur through time, and neither is it about the size of the change (so I would discourage use of the terms micro- and macro-Evolution—see the appendix to this book). The key issue is the type of change required—to change microbes into men requires changes that increase the genetic information content. The three billion DNA ‘letters’ stored in each human cell nucleus convey a great deal more information (known as ‘specified complexity’) than the over half a million DNA ‘letters’ of the ‘simplest’ self-reproducing organism. The DNA sequences in a ‘higher’ organism, such as a human being or a horse, for instance, code for structures and functions unknown in the sort of ‘primitive first cell’ from which all other organisms are said to have evolved.

None of the alleged proofs of ‘Evolution in action’ provide a single example of functional new information being added to genes. Rather, they all involve sorting and loss of information. To claim that mere change proves that information-increasing change can occur is like saying that because a merchant can sell goods, he can sell them for a profit. The origin of information is a major problem for the GTE.7 ‘Information theory,’ as it is called, is a whole new branch of science that has effectively destroyed the last underpinnings of Evolution—explained fully in the monumental work In the Beginning Was Information by Dr Werner Gitt, professor and head of the Department of Information Technology at the German Federal Institute of Physics and Technology.

The second episode of the PBS Evolution series, titled ‘Great Transformations,’ faced this problem when it tried to prove the ‘big picture’ of Evolution, i.e., the ‘general theory of Evolution.’ Of course, it could offer no experimental evidence, only inference. Its only experimental ‘evidence’ for ‘Evolution’ was a bunch of examples of biological change that don’t increase information content, and so actually these examples have nothing to do with the ‘big picture.’

The PBS program did make a revealing comment about the real nature of the ‘evidence’ for Evolution: ‘The evidence for Evolution is all around us, if we choose to look for it.’ The comment is revealing, not because the evidence really supports Evolution, but because the narrator inadvertently makes an important point. That is, creationists and evolutionists have the same evidence (facts), but we interpret it differently because of our different axioms (starting assumptions). In reality, evolutionists have a materialistic bias, which rejects a common Designer a priori (see Lewontin’s admission earlier in this Chapter), and this applies even to evolutionists who believe in ‘God.’ Because of their bias, evolutionists interpret any facts as evidence for Evolution. This would probably explain why a lot of the science in the PBS series was not even directly stated as evidence for Evolution, but is shown as if it is. It also explains why fragmentary remains are interpreted as important ‘transitional forms.’ Conversely, creationists do not dispute the facts, since we have the same facts, although we frequently dispute assertions claimed to be facts when they are certainly not!

The PBS narrator blindly asserts that all living organisms come from a single source and that we can now trace branches and roots. Yet the series utterly fails to explain one of the most vexing problems with Evolution: how non-living chemicals could form a living cell by time and chance, despite the insuperable chemical hurdles.8 Interestingly, the PBS producer Richard Hutton never acknowledged this problem in the series, but he did on a Washington Post online forum, when he answered the question ‘What are some of the larger questions which are still unanswered by evolutionary theory?’

There are open questions and controversies, and the fights can be fierce. Just a few of them: The origin of life. There is no consensus at all here—lots of theories, little science. That’s one of the reasons we didn’t cover it in the series. The evidence wasn’t very good.9

No, the evidence for the first living organism certainly isn’t ‘very good’ (see Chapter 9), but of course the producer wouldn’t want his viewers to know that! In other words, the very roots of the alleged evolutionary tree are in very bad shape. So they gloss over the problems, assert that there really is a well-documented tree, and then move on to find similarities between organisms and claim that this proves a common ancestor.

It is impossible to know. That is why you have to believe and it is called faith. If there was any evidence for gods or heavens, faith would not be required.

By the way, why separate Christians and Catholics? Catholicism is the largest and oldest of the Christian churches. The main division in Christianity is Catholic/Protestant.

First let me tell you that science can never say why something happened. It doesn't answer those questions.

We cannot know for sure that God exists, but we can be sure that our Creator is worth seeking and that's exactly what God asks of us. He says seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you.

Every person I've ever known at your age starts to question God. It's not coincidence that it is the same age we start to seek our freedom from our parents. We see God as "in place of parents" who is a hindrance to how we want to live our lives.

Eventually, God willing, you will come to understand that love is the all important thing in life and that God is love. Without Him, love descends to a mere emotion.

It is a matter of faith.

Science will never prove or disprove the existence of God. That is not the purpose of science. Science seeks to understand natural processes and to explain how they work based on observation.

Science has done an outstanding job of explaining how the universe works and how everything came to be, and faith should tell you that God made it so.

• ?

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Luke 8:21 And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? 47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: 48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

I recommend at 15 that you pray to be led in things, and

otherwise do what seems best to you.

You are in school, I think, and surrounded by atheists,

other religions, homosexuals and even those running the

school will have problems.

You see all that every day.

So, by just having a prayer, and then leaving things, you

can see what God does with that.

The bible teaches that Jesus finds us....spiritually, that we don't

find Him.

So, I'd wait until I was led in all that.