How do i make my cat stop meowing?!? Read below?

Ok i have a kitten his name is terrance gregory and about 10 week old and he is over affectionate and MEOWS CONSTANTLY the affectionate thing i kinda like but why is he meowing is there anything at all i can do or anything i can do to calm it down please answer!!

Its just his personality, you can try to train him..but it takes consistency and repetition. When he meows, like at the SAME TIME make the TSHHHT sound and do a quick poke(two fingers not hard enough to bruise but just firm) on his chest every time he meows, followed by LOTS of petting when he is silent. You will have to do it over and Over and OVER again. My cat is INCREDIBLY vocal and whiny, so much so that it was really making us mad when he came into bed in the middle of the night meowing. He is now to a kind of squeak meow in our bed, but he is still loud everywhere else in the house. He is just a loud cat....

Some cats are more vocal than others. He may very well grow out of it, or may not. I have a 2 year old persian cat (which are not really known to be vocal) and he constantly meows at me, whether he wants attention, food, water, doesn't matter. He just likes to meow.

Some kittens just do that. I have had several kittens that will just cry when they can't see me.

Just love little Terrance Gregory and realize, he will outgrow it.

Source(s): foster mom of cats/kittens