Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelMexicoMexico City · 7 years ago

Must-see attractions in Mexico City?

So my mother is from Mexico City and we've been living in Canada for over 15 years ! My brother and I are both already teenagers so it'll be easier to get around rather than when we were younger! We visit every once in a while; we're going this december ! What are the must-see attractions that don't stray too far from Mexico City? (To be specific, we're staying in the town of Neza) Examples like great malls, beautiful landmarks, etc! Thank you !!

Favorite Answer

Mexico City is a city of almost countless distinct neighborhoods, each of which offers a unique experience. I love hanging out on the plaza in Coyoacán; it is easy to spend hours there, and every visit is full of surprises. Plus, there are many excellent restaurants surrounding it, including two of my favorite in the city -- Los Danzantes and Corazón de Maguey. The neighborhood of Polanco is upscale yet very comfortable, though parking and traffic can be miserable. One of the most beautiful bookstores anywhere in the world is Cafebreria el Péndulo, in Polanco. Near Polanco, don't miss the Museo Nacional de Antropología in Chapultepec Park; it is a beautiful monument to the evolution of Mexican culture, and a visit there is inspiring and will leave you feeling very proud of your Mexican heritage. Two additional neighborhoods that you should explore are Condesa and Roma -- Condesa especially is very hip, and you will undoubtedly find many interesting things to do if you wander the main streets.

Of the malls, my favorite by far is Antara Polanco. Perisur is decent also, but I would not go out of the way for it.

Finally, be extremely careful in Neza. It is relatively safe to walk around outside at night in the areas I mentioned, but you absolutely must pay close attention to your surroundings and your personal safety in Neza, Ecatepec, most areas of Iztapalapa, etc. If you can stay somewhere else, I would recommend doing so.

Don't listen to Vractomorph, China's pollution is much worse then in Mexico City. Sante Fe looks nice, but most likely nothing to do there. Maybe go to the Zocalo seems very awesome there :)

See site below for list of the best and most popular attractions in Mexico City. There are way more than you will ever get to.

The list would go on for pages! Here's an informative website about things to do and see in la Cuidad de Mexico.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mexico/mexico-city

Six Flags Mexico!

The most notable thing about mexico city are the oxygen cubicles where you pay a dime for a puff of fresh air before you suffocate in the carbon dioxide plagued city.

Trust me, i went there. Its worse than china.

• Ken

Drug farms,jails,**** fights