Is drug use really all that prevalent in north american society?

I've always been more on the conservative end of things. I like that marijuana is illegal and would shake my head at a society in which it is accepted that people can recreationally use it in front of their kids like there's nothing wrong. I get that people sometimes use it, although I never would and truly disagree that it's something kids should be exposed to as a normal part of socializing or relaxing.

Am I just backward and old fashioned? I know parents who admit to their kids they've done it (or do it) and would not be all that shocked or upset to see their kids experiment or do pot socially. Is this the new norm? Do I need to get with it and start liberalizing my attitude?

Favorite Answer

Libs are so obsessed with drugs and the legalization of them that they are placed above the economy , the job market and national security as political issues.

• .

My opinion is this... I have yet to meet a single person who isnt using a drug of some form, the difference is whether or not its legal and you call it a drug. Most people have so much caffeine in their system they have built up a HUGE tolerance to it, which is why they dont notice the effects. Same with sugar and fat. The obesity epidemic backs up to the amount of people using food as a drug. I grew up in that environment, and it has taken me most of my adult life to undo the conditioning and eating habits my family gave me.

So, all I will say is this... if you are really that against marijuana, start combing your own diet, you are probably taking drugs that are effecting you more than marijuana ever would.

I do not believe marijuana should be illegal, and if it is, I certainly do not believe it should be a schedule 1 drug... imo, thats the entire problem - the gov makes it out to be this horrible drug, its really not.

Yes

There is nothing about chronic behavior and having a crutch that needs to be liberalized. LOL!

Is it better to lie to your kids or tell the truth? It's just a plant, not a big deal at all.

Source(s): Smoke 'em if you got 'em, don't if you don't like it.
  • Par 4

More then most people are willing to admit.

depends on who you are talking about..some people can't seem to stay away from drugs!..some people have no interest in them at all!