Jesus was God in human form. ok?

But then why did Jesus say something "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." (Luke 23:34) if he was not talking to God?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

The name and title of the Son of God from the time of his anointing while on earth.The name Jesus (Gr., I·e·sous′) corresponds to the Hebrew name Jeshua (or, in fuller form, Jehoshua), meaning “Jehovah Is Salvation.” The name itself was not unusual, many men being so named in that period. For this reason persons often added further identification, saying, “Jesusthe Nazarene.” (Mr 10:47; Ac 2:22) Christ is from the Greek Khri·stos′, the equivalent of the HebrewMa·shi′ach (Messiah), and means “Anointed One.” Whereas the expression “anointed one” was properly applied to others before Jesus, such as Moses, Aaron, and David (Heb 11:24-26; Le 4:3; 8:12; 2Sa 22:51), the position, office, or service to which these were anointed only prefigured the superior position, office, and service of Jesus Christ. Jesus is therefore preeminently and uniquely “the Christ, the Son of the living God.”—Mt 16:16

• 7 years ago

In all honesty, you shouldn't question the Bible because, firstly, it's FULL of loopholes, contradictions and mistakes that people try to make up for by saying things like "God works in mysterious ways" or just spouting ridiculous excuses as to why we should listen to a bunch of convoluted nonsense in the first place. Secondly, The Christian religion is rather confused about the whole concept of "the father, the son and the holy spirit", while at the same time acting completely confident while it scrambles for 10 different answers. For example, Jesus is considered the son of God (i.e. the manifestation of himself on earth), which is actually a notion adhered to by the Hindu religion (i.e. Vishnu had many incarnations or avatars - earthly manifestations of himself), yet Christianity rejects this notion, preferring to believe that there can be no other supreme being than God Himself (Jesus is separate from God), and saying otherwise is total blasphemy... So herein lies one BIG contradiction that cannot logically be solved... Basically, what I'm trying to say is that this question is inconsequential because arguing semantics like this with the Bible will get you nothing but more nonsense. If you want to question the Bible, why not question the extreme misogyny, the impossibility of its supposed divine origins and its strangely still-strong iron-like grip on society despite its backward and oppressive ways which turn everyone promoting it into total hypocrites. Spirituality is cool, but strict dogma generally only begets more hate and prejudice in the world. Good luck.

• 7 years ago

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. (John 1:10 KJV)

Look at this verse. Who was it that was in the world....Jesus.

The world was made by him.

How was the world made by Jesus if he is not God. The Father is the spirit. Jesus is God. What part of that makes no sense to you. Nothing is impossible for God not even becoming a man regardless of what Muslims say.

They say he is just a prophet. Has any other prophet ever walked on water? Moses, Joshua, Elijah and Elisha all had to part the water and walk through. Only Jesus walked on top of the water.

• G C
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Read Philippians 2 and see that Jesus emptied Himself of His ability to be God while He was in physical form. This is why He stated that all He did was of the Father and why He did not know the day or hour when the end was to come. Once He ascended, all of that was given back to Him.

If Jesus was not God then God demands more from us than He is willing to do. If Jesus still had all of His godly ability, then He would not be tested as men are. Because He was fully human and yet was also fully God, He alone is the proper judge and intercessor.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

You are right. Jesus couldn't be God, if he was asking his Father to forgive them. Also read John 20:17 and Rev. 3:12 where Jesus calls someone else "MY God".

• Bob L
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Jesus is God; Second Person of the Holy Trinity. The Father is the First Person of the Trinity, and the Holy Spirit is the Third Person of the Trinity. As in Genesis 1:26&27, they communicate with one another. "Let US make man in OUR image..."

Jesus was talking to the Father, something He did often.

• Mimi
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Jesus, as the Son, was God in Human form. The Father is the Creator whose throne is in Heaven.

Jesus is resurrected and sitting at the right hand of the Father as He was before.

There is one God in three persons. The Bible refers to this as the GodHead.

Romans 1:19-21

19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

• 7 years ago

God is God, we all know that! Jesus is God' human aspect, the Holy Spirit is God's spirit. Look at it in human form: my mother Is Mama, wife, and daughter, all simultaneously. Which one she is depends on how she is perceived. Another explanation, I am me, Khakidoodle, she. Me is who I am, khakidoodle Is what I am on-line, and she is what people see. God is who he is, Jesus is how He is known as a human, the Holy Spirit is what people perceive. People often reject what they don't understand.

• 7 years ago

Jesus, before going to heaven said this

http://biblehub.com/matthew/28-18.htm

But,when he was asked this

http://biblehub.com/acts/1-6.htm

He answered with this, still shows his father is greater then he

http://biblehub.com/acts/1-7.htm

EDIT: The christian, If you say it's easy to understand,since the Catholic Church was the one that started the pagan trinity, Go and explain that to them, because they still claim it as a mystery.

Here it's way down the page

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15047a.htm

• 7 years ago

Jesus is fully God and fully man. The reason Jesus said that verse is because he did not use his divinity until after his Resurrection.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.