Canada gay marriage is legal?

I just want to ask, if gay marriage was legal in canada, if I want to sponsor my partner she is outside the canada. Is it possible to sponsor her as my wife, my concern is gay marriage is not legal in my country, how can I sponsor my partner outside canada? Please help me..

Favorite Answer

Yes, Canada has marriage equality.

Are YOU in Canada? The rules are pretty complicated, and you must at least be a permanent resident to sponsor someone. The rules are different depending on where your partner is.

Go to the Canada Immigration site and be prepared to spend a lot of time searching for info. Harper has cut funding, so it's damn near impossible to actually talk to someone. Most of the info is there that you need to get started, but you may have to look for awhile.

If you are serious about this, get a good immigration lawyer. My wife and I used Bruce Allen, who was super. Be VERY CAREFUL when you look for a lawyer, as there are tons of fakes out there who'll scam you out of your money and get you in trouble with Immigration to boot.

It cost us a couple of thousand dollars to immigrate from the US, several years ago. Things are more difficult now... be patient and know that it will be expensive.

Good luck!

You need to talk, to Canadian Immigration.