J asked in HealthWomen's Health · 7 years ago

period????? im curious??? easy 10 points!!!!?

okay so for starters i don't want you to say you can not tell me when i will get my period, because i know that, all i want is your approximation on when you THINK i may get it. So i am 13 years old turning 14 in december, i am 4'10" and weigh about 100 pounds. I have been having discharge for almost 2 years now and if i did not wax it i would have ALOT of pubic hair, my boobs are a size 32 b-c, and have been develloping for 4 years. i also have on my armpit hair and shave both that and my legs. At the doctors today she said i should expect it within the next few months. And my mom got hers at 12 and sisters at 13 and 15.

So please no rude comments i just want your opinion and if so can you also add what i can do to be prepared, like what products to buy and what not.

Favorite Answer

Just be patient, You may get it sooner or later. All bodies are unique and different! I recommend you do the ALL the research you can to inform yourself and clear any stereotypes and myths . And you also have time so prepare yourself beforehand ! Having your period experience is different for everybody, while some cannot wait to start their period, Others may feel nervous, scared, and uncomfortable in their bodies. We all need to adapt though one way or another.

Prepare yourself with all the necessary things, get pads WITH wings ! This prevents leaks and prevents the pad from moving around. You could store some tampons, but I think you should get comfortable with the pads first and then when ready and comfortable try on the tampons while before hand reading the instructions ! and looking for online tutorials (isn't the internet great ;D) Also pack up on the painkillers because you may get cramps !

But please KNOWLEDGE! Research that is a must! If this was encouraged more, and health classes were given, it may have prevented most girls to be confused, feel insecure and uncomfortable with themselves and their bodies . This is a time of change, and the ride may be bumpy or smooth- neither less prepare yourself and don't forget to take the support and encouragement from family and friends !

Here is a youtube video (the one I watched long ago; and I have to say brings back some fond memories) it is very helpful about pads and tampons and just talks about the most things a typical girl faces and tells you not to worry . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNP0qhBdfHI

Youtube thumbnail

&list=TLYW4EcEzTahw she has more videos talking about typical girl stuff that helps us girls out !

here is another one :) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjSfnPYQuFY

Youtube thumbnail

Just talking about period stuff in general and girl stuff !

Here is one of my fav website for teens ! You should really check this out , i'll give you a page about menstruation. All about Menstruation : http://teenshealth.org/teen/sexual_health/girls/me... Its Teen Health and they are soooo awesome and helpful !

You should also packs some books of girls going through puberty and growing up such coming of age novels . My fav one I read when starting my period was by Judy Blume . IT helps me loads ! and I realized I wasn't alone and the only one going through this . It's called Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. One of my fav coming to age novel is The Catcher in the Rye and To Kill a Mocking Bird !

Good luck ! Be patient and you will get through this ; You are not alone :) Remember you have your family and friends to talk to .

I will keep adding stuff if I remember anything else to tell you :)

Timbits ;D !

Yeah you seem really mature you should get it soon! Have fun while you can though