How to make your girl forget her past.?

Hi,

There is a girl in my office whom i love allot. She had a BF earlier and 3 months before they broke up. At that time we use to talk as very good friends and later we came close to each other. We were very nice couple and everything was going very well. But 1 week before she told me that she needs sometime to forget her past and den only she will come to me. Now the situation is that we are just like friends, she hides her feeling for me and use to talk just like a friend. Recently i came to know that she is talking to her X-BF in messages and when i asked her about the same she said that we talk normally and not as a couple. Please correct me if i am wrong "To forget the past you have completely stop communicating with him". I told her if you want to move on and come with me then u should focus on future rather then ur past. She is not clear what exactly she wants in her life and whenever i use to talk her regarding me she says that she wants to move on and to do that she needs time, But in that time if she keep on talking to her X then i am not sure whether she will be to move on. My situation is that i have to with her and wait, and in the end i dont even know whether she will come to me or not. I am blindly trusting her.

Please tell me what should i say to her, so that she is clear in her mind what needs to be done. I love her allot and wanna be with her for my entire life.

Favorite Answer

Love is all about blind trust my friend, this is just how it is. As much as you want her to forget her past and want to help her forget it, this is not something you will be able to help with, this is something she must do herself. I have had contact with many of my ex's as well but I was able to still get past them and move on. Working past a break up is not about ignoring or stopping contact with the person it's about getting closure and giving yourself time to be able to work through all the mixed emotions and feelings of that break up before being able to start again. If you push her too much you will only end up pushing her away from yourself, if you push her too hard in forgetting her past and jumping into something new with you, you could find further along that the past has come back to haunt her causing problems with your relationship because she hadn't settled things once and for all before moving on. Give her time to work this all out herself and when she is ready she will come to you if that is what she wants.

• Jodi

None of us forget the past but we move on, I had a relationship for 8 years with a woman I loved, when we split it was hard to forget her, you wonder what they up to and so on, but it goes, 3-6 months and you have normally moved on, I have no feelings for her now, I would say hello if I saw her, but I never see her and we only live a mile apart, we shop in the same town, but we just don't see each other, I have moved on and married and happiest I have ever been, your G/F will have moved on the same, you don't even remember the sex with most past relationships, I would not worry, you both happy look forward to a great life together, move on from her past I am sure she has, what we do in our past has no relevance to our partners, we all have a past, maybe not in relationships but we all have one, it is our past that makes us the person we are in our future. Best wishes and good luck.

You can't help her forget her past. She has to find it in herself to forgive and forget and move forward; otherwise, she'll be miserable for the rest of her life.

Just prove that you're different. It won't make her forget her past, but it'll make her realise it doesn't have to repeat itself

do something that is attractively amazing her in an innovative way and say 'I do this not because I love you but because I trust that you will be my life partner. Will you be mine for ever? ' ask her so that she feels to do anything you want than being in touch with her ex...

dude he is her ex for a reason ..they wont get along...show the nicest man i n u..she wll forget him