Jason asked in SportsOther - Sports · 6 years ago

Do bones speed cream make your bearings faster?

I put bones speed cream in my shake junt abec 5 bearings but they don't feel faster? Is it suppose to be like that?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Best Answer

Faster than what?

The fastest thing for bearings is a light liquid. Usually that is oil but actually any liquid will work. Water works well but only for a short time till it causes the metal to rust.

The low viscosity that makes oil work well is also it's problem. It gets flung out until there is nothing left to protect the bearing and it needs to have more added.

The other extreme is grease. It stays around but is thick and makes the bearings slower. However, you can use very tiny amounts (a couple small pin head sized bits) of grease and it will spread over the surface protecting it, lubricating it, and not slowing it down significantly. Grease will stay with the bearing a long time.

Speed cream and gels are basically very light greases that protect better than oils without much slowing down if you use only a small amount. Too much and you will be slow.

• stelly
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Bones Speed Cream

• koltz
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Speed Cream

• 6 years ago

I mean what were you expecting? its not gonna make a huge difference unless they were terribly cared for. If you really need to go that fast try abec 7s. General lubrication oil works great too, or lithium grease. You don't need to waist money on special stuff cause it all does the same thing.

Source(s): Skated since little kid
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

never put lube in a dirty bearing or it will just slow it down more, so wash them then put some in and it will go faster garanteed. but i just use sewing machine oil, its the perfect viscosity and will only speed you up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.