Craig C asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 7 years ago

Recording on a Samsung Smart TV (UE32F5300)?

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Samsung UE32F5300 SMART TV and have found that when I attempt to record a programme it asks me to connect a USB device. I have tried a USB that I use for university but I am then promoted to format it. Despite selecting 'format device' it doesn't seem to want to work.

Is there a special type of device that I need to record on this particular TV?

I am so sorry to tell you but you are all wrong about the recording capability of the ue32f5300 Samsung smart TV I purchased It only Last Week And Have just recorded a few minuets of a TV Program on Channel 4 Having followed the Instructions on the built in E Manual And have had no Problem Whatsoever. So unless Samsung have done Modifications Since September 2013 It works fine for me with just a 500gb Portable Hard drive plugged in to one of the USB on the side of the set.

JR

You cannot record on these televisions.

You are not the first person to be confused by this and I went so far as to contact Samsung about this and they confirm - these televisions cannot be used to record TV shows.