Could I sue the hospital for no pregnancy test?

I'm a 7 week pregnant woman. it's my first child. I went through a planned hernia repair in mid Aug and realised through my own pregnancy test mid September that I'm pregnant. they never did a pregnancy test on me. I feel my healing is slower as the expected time to be back to my normal self was 4-6 weeks. I called them to ask then if there will be complications cause stitches are heading and belly is growing. also still have coughing flem in my throat (not contagious) but I guess from all the blood going every where else I'm still sick and still healing. do I have a case?

Favorite Answer

I don't know. I wouldn't think so, they aren't mind readers. If you knew you had the possibility of being pregnant you should have informed them and they probably would have given you a test.

• Liz

From the dates you are giving, you got pregnant in the middle of august, the same time as your surgery, which means that a pregnancy test would have come back negative, since you would have concieved like the night before!!

7 weeks means that you have been carrying a fetus for 5 weeks. A pregnancy starts the first day of your last period, even though you weren't acutally pregnant until two weeks later.

You would have gotten a pregnancy test at your pre admission testing.