Jim asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 6 years ago

what are some good fall recipes? No sweets or desserts please..?

• Emma
    Favorite Answer

oven roasted root vegetables

pot roast

roast chicken

chicken and dumplings

pot pies

chicken divan

pork roast

gumbo

breakfast casserole

macaroni and cheese

lasagna

baked ziti

stuffed cabbage and peppers

braised cabbage

goulash

stroganoff

salisbury steak

squash pie

there are numerous sites that offer user reviewed recipes for all of these dishes

A lovely beef stew or beef/vegetable soup. When the temperatures cool in Louisiana we call it "Gumbo Weather". That means get out the big soup pot and make chicken and sausage gumbo. If you are adventurous try beef bourguignon - rich and hearty. Not as difficult to make as you may think. For me fall is a time for beans - red beans and rice, white bean soup, black bean soup. Cooked with ham hocks and smoked sausage - preferably Andouille. Cooler weather means rich and hearty comfort food. Love sweet potatoes in the fall. I buy small ones and cook more than a meals worth in the oven. I will re-heat in the microwave top with butter and or cinnamon and have that for a snack. I love squash in the fall. Any kind cooked any way. Baked apples stuffed with butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. Hot herb tea. Hot apple cider. Mulled wine.

OK - so I love to cook and I love to eat. Good thing I have skinny genes.

Enjoy comfort food.

Our favorites are: Chili, Pot Roast, Ham and Beans, Shepard's Pie, and Any kind of casserole.

Beef stew and homemade rolls. Pot roast. Chili.