Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStandards & Testing · 7 years ago

Do I need to take precalculus in highschool to be an environmental engineer?

I'm in grade 11 and I want to be an environmental engineer but I'm not in precalculus, do I need it?

Favorite Answer

If you are planning on going to a University in Canada, then you will need Pre-Calc, Data Management in Math/Statistics, and Calculus for most of the major Universities. Each school has their own requirements based upon majors. Shortlist the schools you are interested in and go to their websites to see what the prerequisites are. Look under the Undergrad Programmes Section for Environmental Engineering and then look for the link to prerequisites/requirements. If the info is not there, you'll find it under Admissions, Undergrad, Admission Requirements

I am currently a sophomore at a local university, and my major is Electrical Engineering, and I had know calculus experience prier to enrolling in college.

Source(s): Personal Experience

yes, u need it. It the basic and the core part of any engineering

• C7S

Not required, but highly recommended if you want to save time and money. It also helps you get accepted in colleges.