Best website to start a photo blog?

Hello Everyone,

I am just starting out in Photography and I would like to start a photoblog so I can upload my images?

• B K
    Favorite Answer

If you are interested in/serious about Photography, flickr is still very popular with the more serious photographers. If you join Tumblr you will just drown among all the other cr4p that is on Tumblr.

I am not saying that there isn't any cr4p on Flickr, but it still seems to have a more serious following of genuine photographers. Plus there's the social networking advantage that flickr has, with it's photography orientated groups.

Flickr is free http://www.flickr.com

You could try deviantart or facebook. Deviantart is very art geared, and is very easy to gain exposure and meet other artists. Facebook is the social networking mecca.

I suppose you could also try tumblr which is a blogging platform but is full of young teens, and fandoms. Blogger is a true blog, but I would think finding a fanbase there would be quite hard.

There is also places like flicker, which I personally don't care for and twitter which is a microblogging platform.

TUMBLR is easy to use, free and a great way to get your photos out there, it's a good starting point and not just a fad